Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2003 6:52:20 AM EDT
What can you tell me about them. The website says American made warrantied for life
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Bottom of the barrel, man, bottom of the barrel.
HiPoint makes Lorcin look like a finely made weapon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The Highpoint is crudely made from cheap materials and come complete with terrible triggers.

Most are fairly reliable untill something breaks.

No one with any amount of common sense would in any way think they are quality guns.

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You couldn't GIVE me a HiPoint. Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#4]
They're so bad, pimps won't even carry one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
DONT DO IT
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
READ ALL of the previous replies and "THAT'S IT EXACTLY!!!!!  Buy QUALITY!!!    Not CRAP!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#7]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

he said Hi Point

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously they are absolute junk. WHen they first started producing them here in ohio over 10 years ago they had tables at the gun shows. A friends older brother bought one because they were less than $100. It didn't last a year until it literally fell apart. I have one of their M995 carbines and it works well after some tweaking. It's my trunk gun and has been for years. I've put a few hundred rounds through it without a hickup. But their pistols are another story.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I say buy one just to have another gun. They are hideous, awkward looking, and not really accurate, but my motto is "Quantity, not Quality, I already have all the good stuff."
I love screwing around with cheapos, but would never trust one with my life.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a brick with a handle on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I know, HiPoint in the holster, Bryco as the BUG.

We're cracking jokes, but always better to ask questions than buy and be sorry at the key moment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#11]
The only thing High Point makes that is even close to being good is the carbine.

It is still pretty much a POS but they work and are reasonably accurate.

I would never buy one but I have to admit I know of a few people that really like them and have not had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:44:17 AM EDT
[#12]
As the others have stated already the pistol is garbage and not worth the money IMO.

The carbines are fun little rifles. They are kind of ugly and crude looking but they work great. My son got one for his 9th birthday and we have already put several hundred rounds through it without a problem. I put a cheap red dot on top for him, and I have to say that it is a pretty accurate rifle also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Not that I am trying to be racist or anything but: How come every time I go to a gun store there is a black guy buying a Hi-Point?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Hi Point 9mm Carbine.  IT IS GREAT!  Works all the time, accurate fun to shoot.  GREAT GUN!

But I would not buy a Hi Point pistol.  The carbine is stamped steel.  The pistols are pot metal.  Plus they are ugly.

Buy a Ruger.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Dont get me wrong, I'm not gonna buy a hi-point I thought there website was well done. I figured maybe I had stumbled across something but I'm glad you guys straightened me out. Some great responses.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What can you tell me about them. The website says American made warrantied for life

I'm beginning to understand you.  Please forgive me for arguing with you on the other thread-  I can see where I might have hurt your head.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi-point =  crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top