Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2008 3:20:30 PM EDT
I love my S&W 442 but with it only holding 5 rounds it makes me feel like I'm not carrying enough ammo in case of a worst case scenario. So what's the easiest way to carry a reload for it? Keep inmind that I normally wear T shirt and jeans since 9 months out of the year it's over 85* here. I know about the traditional reloaders but I think that they would be hard to carry/conceal, is there an alternative?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw some rubber strips, kinda like a stripper clip, for pocket carry.  I can't remember where but they looked pretty stout compared to what I've seen before.  They are in a line so they lay flat in your pocket unlike a speedloader.
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw some rubber strips, kinda like a stripper clip, for pocket carry.  I can't remember where but they looked pretty stout compared to what I've seen before.  They are in a line so they lay flat in your pocket unlike a speedloader.
Speed Strips www.copsplus.com/prodnum2876.php
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Dillon Precision used to sell them.  I just did a quick scan of their site and they are hidden pretty good if they are still there!
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Greetings.
I was going to recommend the same thing.
Check this out:speed strips
I wouldn't call it a speed loader, but it will hold the cartridges.
Take care
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Speed Strips .......... FTW.........
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=33&t=59999

I realize you didn't intentionally dupe my thread and my title didn't contain the word 'revolver' although it was posted in the 'revolver' forum.

Anywho...

I went ahead and orderd the Bianchi Speed Strips referenced above and Dillon Precision sells a neet little wallet for them too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats them!

Had a brain fart and couldn't remember the name.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Speed Strips www.copsplus.com/prodnum2876.php www.copsplus.com/products/large/580.jpg

Yup. Cheap too. I have a bunch, some for carry, extras in my EDC bag, vehicle, home etc.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#10]

What's the easiest way to carry/conceal extra ammo when carrying a pocket revolver?

A second gun!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I just keep two speedloaders in a belt pouch at 8:00-9:00 under the loose shirt that also covers my CCW piece.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top