Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2003 1:56:56 PM EDT
Looking for a small pistol, excellent quality that I can stash in my iwb holster without printing.  The smaller the better, although I'd like nothing less than a .380 semi-auto.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Long answer: There are a lot of variables as far as personal tastes and you'll probably get more detailed responses if you provide more details on yourself, your experience with firearms, body type, et cetera.

Short answer: I'm *really* liking my new Kahr MK9 . Striker-fired, single-stack, 9mm & smaller in all dimensions than a Walther PPK. Heavier than polymers but, if you don't mind toting it, it makes recoil negligible.

Edited to add: FWIW, I'm *learning* (new to carrying) that printing is more a function of your wardrobe and movements than of the gun you carry.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
depends on the weight, an excellant sort heavy CCW is COLT PONY or POCKETLITE, they come in .380 and kinda expensive. the KAHR is another approach. some ppl are partial to the SUB-Glocks. the best thing is goto the gunshop and finger feel guns and "try them on" .

I learned all the Wronge ways to carry concealed, i was carring a PPK w/ an IN the waist holester, not comfy at all and it was a big gun and only .380.

I switched to a M85 .38spl revolover now, lite weight (only 5 shots though) and its not a threatning lookin evil black gun like the Glocks. lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I foolishly sold a Kel-Tec P11 many moons ago, and wish I still had it!  Smaller and less chunky than the mini-Glocks, but still holds 10+1 of 9mm.

Kahr is also now making the PM9, the polymer frame MK9.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Kel-Tec p-40,little hard on your hands web but will get the job done!

Just get one after a certain date Ser# after they quit using nine mil parts for a .40 cal pistol!
 Bob
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I would say a glock 26 or 27. The kel tecs are not bad, but I really dislike the triggers. The glocks give you plent of ammo and one of the better double action like, no conventional manual safty triggers.

I also like the para LDA's, Sig 239, STI Tiki, and the STI LS9.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Colt Mustang or any variation thereof. They're flat, they're accurate as hell. The Pocketlite models are really sweet!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Para C7 is what I carry. You get a snag free officer sized pistol with a double action trigger pull. It leaves no signature and you get 8 rounds of .45, a much better proposition than 10 rounds of 9mm IMO.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]
A 150lb kid can conceal a Glock 19 in an IWB bianchi holster placed in front of the abdomen. That's wearing shorts and a T-shirt long enough to cover his belt.

Why would I (a 190lb 6ft 2in guy) want to carry anything smaller or less powerful than a Glock 19?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Makarov in 9x18mm Mak
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top