Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 12:30:20 PM EDT
Well, did a search on the boards and came up with zip, though this is probibly an old, well beaten horse.. Anyway, my question is Trijicon or Meprolight night sights for my fullsize Kimber?  What are the pros and cons of each? I really like the Novak lo-mount sights on the Trijicon, but don't know much about Meprolight. Opinions anyone?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got adjustable Meps on my G23, couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Having seen it at both agencies Ive worked for, Meprolites have an annoying tendency of having the tritium capsule work its way out of the sight body.  Either partially, or completely.  They are decent as long as this doesnt happen.

Trijicons are bright and stay that way longer.  Novak and Hienie both use Trijicon inserts in their sights.  The Novak unit gives an outstanding sight picture.  I think you'd like them on your Kimber.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer Meprolight myself! Kimber is also the sole importer for them and usues them exclusively on their guns!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both, but prefer the Mepros. Haven't had any problems with either, the Mepros just seem a little easier to see.

Jamie
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Meps on my Kimber.

Do your self a favor. Send the slide straight to Kimber, the front dove tail is weird.

It only cost me 100 for the sights, and 25 bucks to install them, and they had it on the UPS truck the next day.

Three days, I was very happy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got some Mepros and some Trijicons. I've had problems with my adjustable bar/dot style Mepros. Specifically, the tritium in the bar shifts (making it more like a dashed-bar/dot or an unaligned straight-eight). After the second time of sending them back for replacement, I gave up attempting to get a good pair. The dot on the Mepro hasn't given me problems.

Adding that the Trijicons are significantly brighter, I prefer the Trijicons.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
i like trijicon on all my handguns and ARs. havent tried any others. so dunno.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer Trijicon.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The important thing is to get night sights.  All have got to be good.  I don't know anyone who said  they were sorry they bought them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Having had both, I prefer the Mepros because they are easier to see in the daytime.  The Trijicons don't stand out at all.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#11]
looking at the two side my side, the meps are brighter but the trijicons on my glock are about 6 years old versus brand new mepros.

i have some other trijicons on some other guns.  I haven't had trouble with either one.

can't go wrong with those choices.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I've had trijicons and meprolights.  the Mepros are brighter and easier to see in the day too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know a good place to get the Novak/trijicon sights for my new fullsize 1911?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anyone know a good place to get the Novak/trijicon sights for my new fullsize 1911?

Nice attempt at a highjack....and a double post to boot.

On topic....I have no personal experience with the mepro's.....but my Glock 23 has Trijicons that I rely on five nights a week.  No reliability issues at all.  IMO, if you are going to spend money on a set of night sights, you may as well spend the little extra and get the industry standard, Trijicon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Nice attempt at a highjack....and a double post to boot.

Thanks for the assist, Mr. Post Nazi... I just wanted a simple answer.  Sorry if I offended your message board sensibilities.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had both. Make mine Trijicon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I have both but I think the Trijicons are easier to see during day light because the white outlines are that much brighter than the Meps. As far as the green glow itself, I think they are a toss up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I disagree with Meps being easier to see in the day.  Trijicon uses a precision made capsule with a white outlining sheath around the tritium element.  Meps are similiar, but they attempt to secure them in the sight body with what appears to be a blob of epoxy.  Its rounded and sticks out slighlty from the sight body and reflects sunlight terribly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top