Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 5:36:31 AM EDT
Thinking about one. Any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you considering the LDA. I shot one at the last match. Pretty good gun, I liked the trigger. One of the better DAO triggers I've shot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Trigger is wonderful! Unfortunately, P/O has a hit or miss rep for quality. Accuracy seems to be ok, nothing spectacular, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The frame is cast, isn't it? I like the double-stack .45 concept, though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you considering the LDA. I shot one at the last match. Pretty good gun, I liked the trigger. One of the better DAO triggers I've shot.

Haven't decided. Thanks for the replys.

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Go for it.
1. They are very accurate pistols.

2. I would rather a Para piece of shit than most "handpicked" weapons from competitors. Para would simply take it back & give you a BRAND NEW one if they can't fix it.

3. Customer service is unbeatable.

4. they are the only company with the balls to innovate, have a good track record of reliability and back their work 100%.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll agree with pulpsmack.  I know shooters that compete with Paras and have put over 100,000 rounds through one of those cast frame guns.  I think casting and MIM technology have matured significantly and are very nearly as good as forgings nowadays.

Someone was saying the other day that GM used cast piston rods in some of their truck engines.  Seems to me they would have to be pretty good to stand up in that application.

Oh yeah, I have a P-13 Ltd and have had no problems with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top