Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 2:45:32 PM EDT
Just got my 1st Glock 22 (.40 cal). Have always been a 1911 fan, and and wanted to try a .40 cal or 10 mm. A friend of mine, who is a LEO, talked me into getting the Glock. Anyone else have one of these and how do you like it? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Upside is they're good guns, very accurate, highly dependable.

Downside is their trigger is mushy as hell.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing a polished 3.5 lbs connector, reduced power striker spring, and a glockmeister cometition trigger spring won't fix.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a hardcore 1911 guy and I picked up a glock 22 to see what all the hoopla was. I didn't keep it long
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nothing a polished 3.5 lbs connector, reduced power striker spring, and a glockmeister cometition trigger spring won't fix.

The reduced power striker spring is not a good idea.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is that. My reduced power striker spring will light any primer including small rifle primers. If you run a reduced power striker pring and a lightened skelonized striker then you must use federal primers. If you just use one or the other, than your still ok.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My reduced power striker spring will light any primer including small rifle primers.

If it's such a WONDERFUL idea, how come Glock doesn't put them in to start with?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
For the same reason why all guns don't come with match triggers? Not everyone cares, desires or wants one. Why don't glocks come with better sights, why don't 1911's come with reliability jobs, blah blah blah.

Reduced power striker springs when coupled with a stock striker will reliably light primers up to small rifle and greatly improve the feel of the trigger.

Add the polished 3.5# connector and glockmeister competition trigger spring and you'll get a clean breaking glock trigger in the 2.25-2.5# range with all safties functional.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:42:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Great gun. I probably shoot it more than any of my others.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
great answer, mattja.
I always wondered why non-Glock owners always felt it necessary to put Glocks down to enhance their own personal preferences in guns; or why Glock owners felt it necessary to put down other brands to "feel better" about their own choice of Glocks. Some Glocks are good; some Glocks are okay, some Glocks are disasters; some (supply whatever brand you wish) are good; some are okay; and some are disasters....and, whether it's Smith-Wesson's sell out to the anti-gun group, Gaston Glock's idiosyncracies and political views,or pro-gun views of Bill Ruger, or Browning's religious views, etc...if you ask advice on anything, you still have to make the choice in buying which gun or ancillary package for it. Stating a personal experience or preference isn't a personal attack on anyone else...just how "we feel" about our gun, choice, etc. Shoot a particular gun, use a particular ammunition, buy some "feature" you want....let us know how you liked it, or what you disliked...<hehe> then stand back and wait...one of us will try to convince you, you are WRONG!! <grin>...ahhhh...like Kant said, "human nature doesn't change much"...however many years have passed in time!
Ruger (Mike)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top