Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:01:12 AM EDT
I'm getting tired of not being armed due to possible indiscretions.  I'd like something that can keep my gun on my person, accessible in a vehicle and hidden in class(college/tech. school).  I'm thinking the Safepacker could be the solution.

Anybody use one?  Have any pros & cons they could share?

Thanks,
Adam
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one, yet.

Seems like apretty good way to hide in plain sight.

I'd think a flat semi-auto would work nicely in one.

So Tag, for more information.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a real nice product. I like the way it's used while driving.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My biggest problem is carring to the gym. No way my light gym clothes will support even a small pistol. This system may be what I need!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I figured I'd have to just take the risk and try one.  I want to start carrying an XD .45 Service and I didn't want to mess around with an IWB rig.  I assume you have to start messing with pant sizes and then you have to worry about an inadvertent lift of a shirt.
When I take the plunge I'll have to report back.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I figured I'd have to just take the risk and try one.  I want to start carrying an XD .45 Service and I didn't want to mess around with an IWB rig.  I assume you have to start messing with pant sizes and then you have to worry about an inadvertent lift of a shirt.
When I take the plunge I'll have to report back.

Cool! Let us know!!

They also do not look like a Murse....Man purse.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That is like a waist bag, screams gun.
I fear a purse type of theft with those things. A snatch and run.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two and like 'em a lot.

That said, they're pretty well publicized amongst most police agencies, so you can possibly expect to have some officer/citizen interactions to write about at a later date....
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they are probably like a lot of CCW products.

They are probably known and recognized by people who CCW.

But I think most of the sheep will just think it is a PDA or some electronic gizmo I don't even know about.

If you're legal then nothing to fear from the cops (dogs not withstanding) so who cares if they know.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a good tuckable IWB like the CTAC.  Tuck your t-shirt in with the holster and wear a cover shirt over everything.

I like Wilderness products but the safepacker is a significant compromise IMHO.

Burninator - great name and avatar BTW...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top