Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:05:45 PM EDT
Does anyone have, or have shot a BFR in .45-70, if so can you tell me about them, thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
A good friend has one of those monsters.
One day we decided to head to the local indoor range with it and upon showing the clerk, we were told "Nyet"!
Evidently the .45-70 is just a bit much for the backstop.
Overall impression, it looked well made but it nearly needs to be trailered to the range!
That's about the limit of my "fun" with one, sorry, not very much help.
Someday, I'm sure I will get to pull my arm off with it...that's even more fun!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have handled one, the fit and finish of the handgun was quite impressive. The model I handled was the 45-70 with a 10" barrel it was very muzzle heavy and the sights reminded me of the sights on Ruger Revolvers which don't agree with my older eyes and I think they are somewhat light for heavy use. The BFR is available in several chamberings, I would have chosen a shorter cyl chambering(454 Casull or 475 Linebaugh) with the 7.5" barrel as to drop weight and make carrying and handling a little more pleasent. I have a couple of 454 Casulls, a 45 Colt and 2 44 magnums and I shoot them a lot, I have shot the 45-70 in handguns and a little bit goes a long way.
Have a nice evening, Rabon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top