Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2003 2:15:20 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with Sprinco and had been talkiing about their new 1911 .45 hardball recoil reducer (a non fullsized guide rod recoil system).
It uses a STD closed plug. It works on extending the recoil impulse of the last moment of slide travel over a half inch of travel.  

Then I called Cominolli to see if he could make me a closed reverse plug for my TRP operator.  He asked why and I told him about the Sprinco product that in tests had reduced muzzle rise (through safely speeding cycle time by using a 12lb recoil spring) by 62% on a ransom rest hooked up to a computor used for evaluating recoil characteristics.

He told me the device sounded like crap systems made with dual springs. That it would screw up the harmonics of the gun. (HARMONICS??? what harmonics?)

He said the only way to reduce muzzle rise was through  use of his tungsten plugs adding weight to the front of the gun.

What do you think? do you use Sprinco Guide rods? how well do they work in your opinion

I have used Cominolli's Frame Saver guide rod with tungsten plug before and I thought it smoothed the mechanical jar of recoil a bit but I have heard good things about Sprinco so I was planning on trying one out.

By the way I like the new std length setup because it sounds like it would be easier to field strip and I wouldn't need a paperclip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top