Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 7:47:38 AM EDT
They don't say much on their site actually nothing at all.

What do you guys think what is the point of the new widelink system and what does it do?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#1]
From their site: Pistol Dynamics Wide-Link and over-size slide stop pin is THE accuracy enhancement tool when total target performance is required . This is a 'must have' on pistols with frame mounted optics.

While I have no idea, here's a guess, with the added weight of "frame mounted optics" perhaps this over-stresses the original link pin design and can perhaps cause it to fail?

Maybe this is why they make a beefier one?

Until your post, I never heard of such a thing.

Mike

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw an article that stated that std links need to be changed every 18,000 rds, and the widelink somehow with normal cleaning and lubrication will last indeffinitely. And supposedly accurizes with wear so the gun no longer needs accuracy rebuilds at every 25K rounds.

I think this is a tall claim but who knows? if it does work I deffinitely want one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Conventional links don’t need to be changed until they break.... and that is seldom as little as 18,000 rounds. What Liebenburg’s “wide link” may be is another product that by itself doesn’t really fix a problem that ever existed.... much like the ever so popular full length guide rod. It is an interesting new take on how to lock and unlock the barrel though. If you notice in the picture it appears that the “wide link” eliminates the use of the barrel feet. Now instead of the barrel feet riding and locking up to the slide stop the “wide link” is given that task. It’s like a link-less system only with the link..... think of it as a camming action of sorts.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it looks like modified barrle feet are the rule not eliminated.

I don't really see how that could be any better.

now instead of replacing the slide stop and re-fitting the link when it wears you replace the link alone?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top