Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 7:15:37 PM EDT
I'm thinking that I'll be getting the Sidearmor IWB holster pretty soon for the Glock 30 which I'll also be getting pretty soon. It's offered with a 5, 15, or 20 degree cant angle.

It would seem to me that canting would significantly help concealability, but I'm new to concealment, so that is just speculation.

So which angle would be ideal for everyday concealed carry?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Blade Tech IWB with the "FBI cant". I like it better than the straight drop. Its more comfortable to me and when you are sitting, the butt of the pistol is straight up. It also doesnt print as readily, especially when you bend forward.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
A cant is a good idea but you can't really have someone tell you which one is best. The reason why they have three options is because body types are different. My buddy and I both like different cants. I'm probably a 5 and he's more a 10-20. Don't know for sure but it's a lot steeper than mine. I'm 6 foot 220 pounds and he's 5'8" about 190. I noticed that the fatter I get the more the cant is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer straight drop myself. It is the most comfortable and easiest to draw from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top