Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 8:44:48 PM EDT
Even though I don't own one of these target pistols, I have thought for some time that the bolt sounded like a neat little idea.  Why aren't there more handguns that use a bolt instead of a slide?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good point...lets see. Walther had some target pistols in .22 that used bolts. The Japanese Nambu used a bolt. The old Hungarian Frommer used a bolt. The Swedish/Finnish Lahti pistol, Tec-9, Whitney .22, XP-100, Uzi pistol and the .44 Auto Mag all used bolts. I suppose you may include the AR based pistols as well. Off the top of my head, it is a shorter list. Which ones did I miss? It does seem to make for a more stable sight platform, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The C-96 Mauser Broomhandle also uses a bolt, and in the 712 full auto version the short bolt throw is what gave it such a high cyclic rate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Internal = bolt, external = slide.  Same diff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, I know.  It is the same in much the manner that 9mm and .45 is the same.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Same function, but I never saw a sight on a bolt...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top