Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 5:14:16 AM EDT
Can you remove the barrel readily from the Browning Buckmark models like the Camper, Standard, Micro, etc.

The reason I'm asking is AAC sells a suppressor barrel for the Buckmark, and I don't know if it's integral or can be changed out.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been a while...I'm almost sure the screw below the barrel, in front on the frame allows removal.
As long as the lug on the new one matches, you should be home free.
Not to forget the top hole, drilled & tapped for the sight base to be retained.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to a schematic for the Buckmark:

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=366&m=2&mn=Browning%c2%ae&model=Buck+Mark

I am not 100% sure, but I think that all of the Buckmark's share a common design. I have a Target 5.5" and it's design is the same as what is pictured in the schematic, with the exception of the longer barrel having a correspondingly longer top rail that screws on with 3, as opposed to 2 screws from the top.

For the opne pictured, and presumably yours too, screws numbered 57, 59, and 2 are all you need to unscrew to take it down. I would ask AAC about the suitability of their barrel to your pistol, but if it fits one Buckmark, it may fit them all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top