Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2003 3:04:42 PM EDT
I'm done with Glocks. I cannot get the accuracy I know I posses from the Glock line of pistols.
After extensively shooting my buddy's HK USP 40C, I was impressed as hell with the accuracy from my right hand. I would like 9mm to lower the cost of ammo, as I would be shooting this new gun very often. I also plan on entering IDPA matches. What can you guys tell me about the fullsize 9mm HK USP? Any horror stories?
My wife wants my G23 because she is damn good with it! Who has the best prices for the HK?
Thank you. Jason R
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of FL are you from?

I may be getting rid of my stainless USP 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Great gun. One of the best 9mm's out there in my opinion. I had one and it was GREAT.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The fullsize H&K uses a slightly different recoil reduction system/spring.  It cuts down on muzzle flip, although 9mm doesn't do that as much as my favored 40, it also reduces felt recoil to the shooter and the pistol frame.

They are accurate and tough.  The DA trigger takes some practice to get right -- but rewards you with accurate first shots when mastered, I LOVE the single action pull.

Only drawback is they are larger than some and heavier than some, which doesn't make it easy to conceal, if that is a concern.  Even in the compact versions it's wider and heavier than most.

HTH......
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
You'll love the USP.

I have three of them.

USP40 full size
USP45 Tactical
USP45compact stainless

I've never had a problem with any of them.
Just don't try to shoot Wolf ammo thru them.
Its the only ammo that they dont like.

Horror stories?
Just one.
Once you buy one, you'll have to get another, and another, and......

well, you get the idea.

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't get the full size, get the Compact. They both come with 10rd mags so at least you can use the Compact for CCL carry.

I just bought my second USP in .357Sig.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What part of FL are you from?

I may be getting rid of my stainless USP 9mm.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks for the offer, but stainless is a little too bling bling for my tastebuds. You should have no problem getting rid of it though.
The HK USP 9mm and .40 are the ones i'm considering. The larger size USP should be more accurate at longer distances, correct?
I'm not worried about the fullsize for CCW.
I'm a big guy and if I need to carry concealed, the fullsize won't print with my baggy attire.
I have also taken into consideration the price difference in ammo between 9mm and .40cal.
I plan on shooting this HK a lot more than my Glock. My wife has expressed interest in trying an IDPA match and she is damn good with my Glock 23. Way better than I am, so it now belongs to her. She also wants her CWP. If she caught the shooting bug, I would have another shared interest with her. Especially one that gets me to the range with greater frequency.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The larger size USP should be more accurate at longer distances, correct?

I would doubt there's more than a hair's difference between the two sizes in accuracy. The difference between the two barrel lengths is only about thumb size, IIRC.

IMO, the Compact balances better than the full size too. I would bet your wife will find the Compact will fit her hands better too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
USPs are great. I have several.  However the gun you need is a Sig 226 or 226ST.  The hi-cap mags are cheaper and it has a better trigger.  If you go for a USP 9mm, the compact is a good option.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Never shot a 9mm, but I love my USP 40.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a USPc 9mm, and I use USPc .40 10-rd factory mags. I can fit 13 rds in the .40 cal mags and they feed just fine, and they cost $40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top