Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2003 5:12:27 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a 686 but find the stock black rubber grips to be a bit large for my hands.  Can anyone recommend an aftermarket grip that works better for small-medium size hands?

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The Hogue wood combat grips are slightly smaller. You might also want to look at the grips from Nils.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Also check out Ajax grips as they make a shitload of variable grips.

I have good size hands but I use wood fingergroove grips on all my S&Ws. They seem to be a better "one size fits all shooters" when others use them.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider Miculek Grips
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
But what ever you do BUY THAT GUN!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The two round butt N-frames pictured in this thread ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=16&t=5691&w=myTopicPop both have smaller grips than the standard rubber K-frame grip.

The 629 has an original pair of S&W finger groove, the 625 a pair of the current Ahrends aftermarket grips. You can still buy both; check out Brownell's for lots of different grips in one place.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top