Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2003 9:18:58 AM EDT
First time I've ever even seen one.

.38 Spcl semi-auto wad cutter gun.

Wow, what a nice gun. Deep bluing, very crisp trigger.
Damn that thing is accurate!

I've never really liked S&W's semis, but man this was nice.

I might have to add one to my collection.
(just have to find a good deal)
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they are sweet shooters. Good luck finding one and be prepaired to pay big $$ if you do. I dont think they made that model any more and the used one you see the owners are very proud of them. That wad cutter sure makes pretty holes in the paper dont it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Having the same grip as the 39 or 639 (in 9MM), they are very comfy but made just for punching paper.
If you find a copy of the book, History of Smith & Wesson by Roy Jinks, a short story on those are included.
"Any gun not shooting 5 shots with a maximum spread of 2 inches at 50 yards was sent back to production for rework."
The price tag is a clue as to how much time was spent in assembling these beauties as there was no "Custom Shop" as we know it, back then.
An honor to shoot, let alone own one, the model 52 /.38 Master is indeed a "blast from the past". Lucky you, Dredd!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
As said above, you had a chance to shoot one that many of us dream about.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been about 14 to 15 years ago that I competed in a pistol league, but that was the gun I used.  Brought home a trophy the first year I competed.  My dad owns a couple of them and he let me use one.  They are very accurate for target shooting.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My godfather was an active bullseye shooter in the late 50's and 60's.  He has a model 52.  Very sweet gun.

In addition to the S&W he has a Colt Gold Cup chambered for the .38 wadcutter.  Both are exceptionaly accurate and very fun to shoot.  If you don't hit the 10 ring every time you only have yourself to blame.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top