Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 6:33:00 PM EDT
I'm very new to handguns, whats all the negativity regarding glocks, more so about .45, cause that is my focus of interest, thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Glock 30
a lot of the negativity comes form glock supporting ballistic finger printing
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than the ballistic fingerprinting I think the main problem some people have is the the unsupported chambers and KBs associated with them and Glock's stance that it is not a problem with their guns.  This is mostly the .40s but some .45s have had this happen as well.  I have a 21 and a 30 and couldn't be happier with them myself.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Here’s a great link.

www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb.html#which

I love my Glocks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Glock 26 among others for conceal carry, and LIKE it a lot, not LOVE it.....the grip angle and trigger could be better, but, it's still not bad..........
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]
jem375, If you had a few of these you might learn to love them.

Here’s one of mine..

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great, but love is too strong a word for a handgun.....now, tall long legged blonde or redhead, that's different.......
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry my Glock 27 everyday. It's my only carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm very new to handguns, whats all the negativity regarding glocks, more so about .45, cause that is my focus of interest, thanks

Are you talking about .45ACP Glocks, or the new proprietary .45 Glock round that has caused some decidedly "mixed" reactions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a G30 and love it. I have had one failure to extract in over 2,000 rounds. The gun is flawless to me. In the near future I will be getting a G21 to match.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Dodgeram,
Glocks may not be the best choice for a newer shooter, especially in .45ACP. The Glock trigger requires a degree of dedication to master (I have seen more than one give up and move on) and the .45 ACP caliber can be a little heavy on recoil and the pocketbook for the extended practice most foks require for mastery.
What are your intentions for this piece?
Also, please note that I am not against Glocks (I shoot them almost exclusively)  or the proven .45 ACP cartridge.
In .45, the Para LDA's have a very nice trigger.
For a lot less money you can get a DS/SA trigger in a reliable and tough Ruger .45. CZ has a nice .45.
Just a couple possible choices in .45, depends on what you want to use it for.
Tom B
Edited to add: Oops, I mis-read your post. Who's so negative about Glocks? Frikem, I really like mine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]
My G-21 is the second best .45 shooter I own (HK Tactical is a bit better in my shaky hands. ;-)
The only mod. I have made to it (or any Glock I own) is a set of Heinie Slant-8 Night Sights.  The only negative thing I can say about Glock...I am not crazy about the factory sights (fixed or adjust)...that's it.

I shoot a 17, 34, 22, 24 & 21.  Never a failure of any kind.

I also shoot several other makes and models of handguns and enjoy them just as much.

I'm not Glock "crazy", but it's what I keep on the night stand.

Good luck.

VF
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I own 2, fixing to be 3 Glocks a G-21, 17 ,and soon to be a G-35. My 21 I use for USPSA limited competion and love it...I have a few goodies in it and it can compete with the hi-end guns in USPSA in limited. As accurate as you can shoot :)....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top