Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2003 2:25:22 PM EDT
I love this gun!  Its a lot more quiet than I thought it would be.

Anyone else have one?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What cal/finish/bbl length????

I have a Blackhawk, which is similiar, but has modern sights.  Blue, 5.5 inch bbl, with interchangable 45 ACP and 45 Long Colt cylinders

Also have a Super Blackhawk, 7.5 inch BBL, Stainless, in 44 magnum.

Love those Ruger single actions.

Congrats on the purchase.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two, both stainless, both .45 Colt. One is 45/8 bbl and the other is 71/2. Damn fun to shoot
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Possibly the best gun Ruger has ever made. I've shot them, they're a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
.45 cal/gloss stainless.  The one that comes in the red tupperware.

First single action I've owned and I like it better than my Beretta or Glock!  Now I need a holster.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been thinking about getting one. I have a Blackhawk in 45 Colt and its a lot of fun shooting that caliber. Knocks over steel plates pretty good too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My father has a Vaquero in 44 mag. I have Ruger single actions in a variety of calibers. I think we need to issue them to soldiers in Iraq. They carry a major reliable whup-ass attitude factor. They all look and shoot great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my Ruger Vaquero .45LC it points and shoots like an extention of my hand. A friend of mine was at the range with me saw it and asked what caliber it was, I replied .45LC. His eyes rolled down towards his range bag and he said "HMM, I wonder" He dug through his bag and pulls out a box of .45LC Magnum Cartridges. I would have never knew they made such a thing if he hadn't showed them to me. I grabbed the box and went inside to talk to the "man" (Gunsmith) I show him the box and ask him if its safe to shoot through my Ruger. He assures me that it is OK but only in my Ruger as not many guns are as strong as they are.
 Shooting them was an absolute BLAST !!! The recoil was incredible. I'm told they are actually more powerful than the .44mag. If thats true that is definetly a bonus. Post if you have tried this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a .45 LC with Bisley grips.  Love it!  It is a fun gun to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love my Ruger Vaquero .45LC it points and shoots like an extention of my hand. A friend of mine was at the range with me saw it and asked what caliber it was, I replied .45LC. His eyes rolled down towards his range bag and he said "HMM, I wonder" He dug through his bag and pulls out a box of .45LC Magnum Cartridges. I would have never knew they made such a thing if he hadn't showed them to me. I grabbed the box and went inside to talk to the "man" (Gunsmith) I show him the box and ask him if its safe to shoot through my Ruger. He assures me that it is OK but only in my Ruger as not many guns are as strong as they are.
 Shooting them was an absolute BLAST !!! The recoil was incredible. I'm told they are actually more powerful than the .44mag. If thats true that is definetly a bonus. Post if you have tried this.

Welcome to the club...you will find that the 45 colt +P+ habbit will be financially much easier to tolerate if you roll your own ammo.  As far as I know only cor-bon and buffalo bore makes factory 45 colt +P+ ammo.  

The really beauty of the 45 colt +P+ is that your able to outperform 44 magnum with lower pressures.  The colt really shines with heavier bullets (300+ grains).  I've got a load that I like thats pushed a 310 grain bullet out of a 5.5" bisley at around 1250 fps.  I could safely get 1300-1325 fps, btu do not see the need to press my luck.

If you really want to talk to 45 colt +P+_ loads go to www.handloads.com

...ask for JohnK
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Bisley Vaquero in .357 with a 4" barrel, blue with the fake ivory grips a few years back.   I'm not much of a single action fan but this one was just too nice to pass up.  It was practically brand new, and I managed to get it for $289.  

I want a matching one in .45 Colt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
just bought a ruger super redhawk in 454 casull. If you like power you oughta check it out.. man it's an experience. about twice as hot as a 44mag and you can also shoot 45LC thru it too for a cheaper bang.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top