Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2003 12:58:11 PM EDT
Picked up thursday right before the lights went out up north a SW99 in 9mm with nite sites. First impressions found the gun with the medium backstrap, since I got small hands opted for the small backstrap. Needed a pin punch to remove the roll pin to relace the backstrap. The included manual seemed a little un-friendly but the gun diassembled easier than most of my guns. Just four parts to worry about. The gun had a anti-corrosive type of oil-grease, so I cleaned it. It came off pretty easy and I lightly lubricated the rails of the slide with Wilson Combat Grease, very lightly. I was carrying the Taurus PT-92 and the SW99 takes a lot less space and is much lighter. I traded the 2 factory mags for two of the Mec-Gar hi-caps. I will take the gun to the range this week so I will give a followup report.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I may have shot the SW99 better than any other gun I fired for the first time.

I hope to someday own their 9mm version.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my sw99 in .40 cal. Its a great tack driver. Lately I've been thinking about complementing it with a sw99 compact.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, I just broke my lurker status.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Whats the difference between a SW99 and a Walther P99?  Sorry if Im highjacking
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Smith makes their own Barrels and Slides.  Walther makes the lower frame on both.  I think the Walther is a little better IMO.  I have a Walther P99 in .40S&W and a SW99 in .45 ACP my wife has a Walther P99 in 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top