Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 1:45:23 AM EDT
I would appreciate some opinions on the following Hogue grips for the p220 (.45).

Rubber with finger grooves:

Rubber without finger grooves:

Do these help much?  Any recoil reduction?  How about wood?  Is it any good?

With or without checkering?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Never felt the wood ones.  I have a set of the rubber panels without finger grooves.  I took them off.  They fattened the grip up too much and took away the feel of that gun that I like so much.

No gun fits my hand like a P220 with factory grips.

Other than that, they're typical Hogue quality
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What Lumpy said.

I use skateboard tape on mine (front strap) to enhance the grip without increasing the size of the grip.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the non-finger groove rubber grips on my 220.

Perfect fit in my hands, but I'm not shooting
your gun.

I've got Hogues on a Beretta 92FS, Sig 226, CZ-75B, AR-15...etc.

They work great only if they fit your hand.  The quality is there.

I recently tried a Packmayr (sp?) on my S&W Model 28 and went with it over the Hogues...the grip was wider which in this case fit me better.  Fit is the key.
VF

VF
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not very big on rubber(synthetic) grips. With this said, I bought a set of wood Eagle Grips for my P226. I used them for a while but I really prefered the factory plastic grips that I no longer have. I ordered a set of synthetic grips from CDNN and they feel like the original grips. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Installed Hogues without the finger grips. On my 220 and took them off after 2 ipsc matches.

1.I didnt like the way they fit on the left side by the hammer drop lever. Thumb would drag on the rubber when hitting lever.

2. They made a clicking noise, I traced back to a spring on by the hammer drop lever every time I pulled the trigger

3. I like the real old style better. They fit better. Could be I was just used to them, I had the gun 15 years.

I removed the Hogue grips and they sit on the shelf.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
as somebody said, the grip gets a little big. i had a hogue grip sleeve on my 226 and it was just a little too wide. looked cool tho.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The Hogue grips feel like your picking your nose with a set of boxing gloves on. There is also an issue of the rubber grips allowing the hammer pin to come out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Try the Nill grips. They are beautiful and functional.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad has a 220 that he put the finger groove rubber and then the finger groove wood. I pesonally hate BOTH. It makes the whole feel weird and with the rubber ones, it was hard to use the decocking lever. My dad is just one of those guys who buys a gun and then has to do something to it. It's funny because I really like to keep the gun stock and only fix it if it's broke.

By the way, he also got a 5 inch bbl for it. It sticks out of the slide and looks really stupid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top