Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2003 5:32:19 PM EDT
I am not sure I used the correct term.  Essentially, if I have a Sig p226 where the finish is worn from holster wear and use and I was wondering approximately how much $$ would it cost to refinish (?) it and make it look relatively new again.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
lauer custom did the slide on my 226 for $65, and that included disassy'ing the small parts on it. frame might not cost much IF you can take it apart yourself and ship it bare. otherwise you;d be paying a bunch of labor charges.

the finish? perfect. markings are still quite crisp. looks cool in OD green with the black frame underneath.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That depends on the finish.  Sig's finish isn't the best in the world, so most of the newer coatings will be better (DiamondKote, Robar, Hardchrome) but more expensive w/ a long lead time (4-6 weeks). Whatever you decide, just remember it'll cost you ~40 bucks to ship the pistol.  I spent $150 dollars (included return shipping) to hard chrome one of my pistols, less polymer frame, plus $40 dollars to ship it overnight (from VA to TX) via UPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top