Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 6:31:31 PM EDT
Back in December I refinished my very well worn P226. Its been appx 8 months and the Brownells teflon/moly seems to be holding up to daily on and off duty carry pretty well.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
No before pictures?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Great  job! Looks really good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
How far down did you strip the slide before applying the finish? I have a 226 I use in saltwater conditions that the finish is pretty worn on.  Could you detail the process somewhat? I would be interested in doing this to mine as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I stripped the slide with 200 grit aluminum oxide sandblast and had it plated with elecrtroless teflon/nickel by Microplating inc. in Erie PA. The frame was a little tricky, I used the same aluminum oxide sandblast, but with a very low pressure. The goal is to slightly roughen the surface of the frame without actually removing the anodized finish. I then hanged the parts on wire hangers, and heated them in the over to about 140 degrees. After they were warmed up to about 140 I took them outside and painted them with the Brownells teflon/moly, put them back in the oven and baked them at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top