Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 11:56:31 AM EDT
"Uncle Mike" has been following me to my matches recently.  3 misses last Sunday at Angola, IN and two misses the weekend before in Ashland, KY. (No, more practice is not the solution)

I am thinking about a pair of perscription shooting glasses from Hy Wyd.  The front sight just is not sharp as it used to be.  I'm 45.
Wear bifocals to read.

Anybody got any experience with Hy Wyd?  I saw their ad in the IDPA Journal.  They offer "inverted bifocals" just for pistol shooting.  Seems like a heck of a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any opinions on this brand or whatever, but I think I need to do that sometime, too.  My normal glasses are too small for most shooting, and normal shooting glasses get scratched up, and are uncomfortable, and with my eyes slowly getting worse, it will get to the point where everything is fuzzy!

I need to schedule a new eye exam... then I'm going to talk to the optician about what kind of sport/shooting glasses are available.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Hy Wyd is setting up a booth at the Grand American trap shoot in Vandalia starting tomorrow.
I talked to one of their optomitrists extensively over the phone yesterday.  These guys really know their stuff regarding glasses specific to the shooting sports.
I am going to their booth on Friday morning to finalize an order.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top