Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 6:10:23 PM EDT
I recently purchased one of these in excellent condition.  It wasn't very expensive but just looks and feels good.  It is marked with "made in the USA" and "Stoeger" and "Luger" on it.  The only thing I know is they were discontinued in 1985.

Does anyone know much about this gun?  How about any magazine articles on it?

TIA
Rebel 13
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has one for his wife. She seems to like it. I know their 9mm model is to be avoided.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Had one in the mid-80s, gun was finicky on its likes of ammo.  If I remember correctly mine like CCI Stingers the best.  Used to hunt lizards out in the hills during the long, hot summer days northwest of San Antonio.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's the .22 version, it's made like a pellet gun. (stampings and pot metal)
One I tried to repair last month that had a bum safety (pot metal) and was like new.
Having one years ago, it had reliability problems, hopefully your won't have.
Interesting side note...Stoeger owns the name "LUGER" and sure took liberty in using it on that gun!
(Tell me if I'm wrong, Hannah)
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I had one of these a few years back and could find very little info on it.  It had reliability problems due to a tight chamber but after I boosted the extractor spring, that helped quite a bit.

I have a webpage that has most of the info I gathered on the Stoeger .22, including fieldstripping.

www.geocities.com/kemays/stoeger.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Ken_Mays!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top