Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2003 7:12:12 AM EDT
Ok, my wife has decided that she either wants a SW99 compact 9mm, or, an XD9 compact.
She likes them both. Hence she asked for my opinion on them. There are things on each that I like, so to make sure that I am not overlooking anything, I would like everyones votes/thoughts.

* Note - These are the two she has decided on so please keep things focused on them. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
both have good writeups........just pick the one that fits her hand the best..........
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I can not say enough good things about the XD's.  I love mine, been packing it for about 6 mo.  I wish I had heard about these when they were HS2000's and cost less.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to second JEM... these are both good pistols. Which one does she like the feel of and shoot best?

Just for instance... my boss loves Glocks. I took his model 19C (compensated) out this past weekend. I was right. I hate it. I hate the grip, I hate the trigger. It shot well, but I would not practice with it, so that is not a good choice for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
See HERE for previous discussion/details.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]
how much does the SW99C go for?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a shade more than an XD compact.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
She rack the slides on both? Does the XD have a heavy slide pull?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
While I wasn't looking at the compact models. I recently made a purchase of a XD40 4" service model. The other models I comsidered were the p99 and the glock 23. The XD just ended up being the better deal. Accurate, safe, lifetime warranty, good appearance, low price, and dependable. Granted all of these guns have plusses, for me the XD won hands down.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
BTT for a few more votes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
personally, i think i would get the smith, because the other one just looks like a glock.

but thats strictly an asthetics point of view :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top