Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 1:36:58 AM EDT
Is this true? Yesterday when I went to pick up my Sig 232, the dealer who knows me and my dad well, said the S&W cancelled their 8 inch 686 line? The dealer aid he checked all of his distributers and none had one?

So did they cancell it? If so my dad is going to be Pi$$ed!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just because your dealer couldn't find one doesn't mean they're not being made anymore. Most dealers only use 2 or 3 distributors as it's easier on their paperwork & relationships.

If you want one know, look in Gun List newspaper & do a transfer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in.

That's the "Silhouette" model. I had one in a Model 29 with a 10 5/8" barrel. Accurate as hell.

They're out there & they can be had, you just have to hunt for them a bit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I never got around to getting the one with the 4 position front sight...thats the one that I was interested in. hr

Buddy of mine may still have his(Model 29 type). I never saw one in person until he got his. It is/was for sell,but may be gone by now.
Really cool if thats what someone wanted.
Looked like it would make a good hunting revolver for someone who liked a long sight plane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top