Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:48:00 PM EDT
I noticed a couple of nights ago that the end of my recoil spring guide for my Glock 26 was chipped.  The pistol was still fully functional, but I wanted to replace the whole assembly.  I called Glock and told a very nice lady what the problem was and asked how to order another recoil spring assembly from them.  She then took my name and address and said the part would be at my door in a couple of weeks.  The gun has over 2k rounds thru it (without a single jam) so it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to pay for the replacement part.  She didn't even want to see if I had purchased the gun new.  All she said was that Glock stands behind it's products.  That is very cool.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The chipped end on the spring guide usually indicates it was put in backwards and it gets chipped when the slide moves forward and clips the end. Make sure when installing the guide after cleaning, that the round end is in the opening at the front of the gun. The reason, I know this....duh...I did it also on the first time reassembling the gun after cleaning it. Glock also replaced the assembly free of charge. Good luck shooting!
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger, I don't understand your reply.  The recoil spring assembly will only go in the gun one way.  I don't see how you could put the thing in backwards.  Both ends are round but the muzzle end of the spring assembly is much larger than the chamber end because it is a dual spring assembly.  I've never put the thing in backwards and really don't see how it could be done.  Could you reply with some more details, I guess I may not have completly understood your post.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I assumed the Glock 26 and Glock 22 were similar in the recoil spring assembly (pages 15-16,and  18 in the Glock handgun manual, parts 3&4...however, the manual says part 23, the recoil spring assembly,  is not interchangeable between the Glock 22 and the Glock 26, see page 17 listing in the manual)when assembling the pistol after cleaning, with the Glock 22, the recoil spring assembly MUST be assembled with the smaller bead-head forward toward the muzzle and into the spring-coil assembly hole, the lower one, otherwise, the rear button gets clipped and broken when the slide comes forward. That apparently is NOT the case with the Glock 26. Sorry about the confusion. I would however, look to make sure that the rear button on the recoil assembly is seated/bottomed properly, because it sounds like a failure to seat it all the way against barrel might result in the same breakage as with the Glock 22.
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
This is good news to hear.  We bought a factory refurbished model for my wife.  It fits her well and we both like the simple operation.  It's the only handgun I've ever had that has never had a malfunction or stoppage of any kind.  Zero, doesn't matter what you feed it or how you shoot it.  Bang, every time, slide catches every time, glock perfection I guess. But... I still think they're ugly!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I also had a problem with my recoil spring guide rod, and they had another one in my mailbox a few days later, no charge, didn't even ask me for my SN.  THIS is the level of customer service that everybody should be trying to emulate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top