Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2003 8:34:37 AM EDT
I do not know the model but it is the small one.  I own a nib glock 26 but feel it may be too large to carry.  wonder if kahr is smaller.  lighter?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The Kahr PM9 is the one your thinking. It is definately much thinner as it's a single stack. You will be reduced in round count though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
G26 too large to carry?????? damn, lot of people will be surprised to hear that, including me.....it is one of the best carry handguns there is.........
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The G26 may be a nice carry gun, but like all Glocks (excepting, perhaps, the 36) too fat.  And, compared to the PM9 or MK9, hardly an option for my intended use, that being an ambidextrously drawable, major caliber backup.  Heck, I carry my MK9 in the shirt pocket of a Cabela's Serengeti Safari shirt, and no one's the wiser.  The shirts, as a side note, are your FRIEND.  Pockets upon pockets.  

XH1927
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
An MK9 in a shirt pocket?  Damn, I love my MK9, but it is a tad on the heavy side for carrying in a shirt pocket.  I usally carry IWB with an untucked shirt over mine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had both.  I could shoot well with my Glock 26, but I traded up for a PM9 because I felt the Glock was too fat.  The Kahr was definitely lighter and thinner, but I'll be damned if I could shoot with it.  The grip was too small for me to grip comfortably, and I had to really work to get groups twice the size that I can get easily with the Glock.  I traded back to the G26 and couldn't be happier.  I looked up close at the grass on the other side of the fence and found it to be less green.

Edited to add:  I agree with HiramRanger.  The PM9 is not a pocket gun.  You need a holster of some kind if you don't want to scream "I have a gun!".  If you want a true pocket gun, get a .22 and live with carrying a mouse gun.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Kel-tec's new .380 version of the P32... Pocket pistol, tenths of an inch larger than the P32... I can't wait to get one.  I love my P32, but to have it in .380... Sweet!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The PM9 is not only thinner (.9 v. 1.2") but significantly shorter (5.3 v. 6.3").  The weight difference is 4 oz.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
was dithering back and forth between the little Glock and little Kahr.  then the dealer got a deal on a 26 with nite sights and i went out the door for 400 total.  tis a little brick, but, has never failed.

i carry the .32 Keltec mostly nowdays, as tiny town has no big city probs.  when the .380 comes along, i am #1 in line at my gunstore, i will probably carry it a lot after it gets the first several hundred through it.  

headed for the big town is another story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top