Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2003 7:03:59 AM EDT
How hard is the trigger pull on the Ruger P-series DAO pistols.

I own a P89 Saftey model and I love it, but I would like a DAO for carry.

But if the double action pull on the DAO pistols is like the first double action shot on my P89 then I will probably get a decocker.

I am specifically deciding between the P97 Decocker or DAO.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a P-97 decocker version and love it. The trigger feels really nice on it. Since you are already familiar with and like that style, then I would stick with a known quantity. Or if you can check one out sometime, that might help you decide before buying it.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to have a P-91DAO.  The trigger pull was not too heavy, but it was very gritty, with alot of take up.  There was definately some staging at the end of the pull as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a P-89 DAO and it shot very well.
At 50 feet, the sights were well regulated to the center of the bulls eye.
I could have easily lived with the long, relatively smooth trigger pull had I wanted a DAO type weapon.
If you can find a range that rents guns, it may be worth a few buck to try one out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top