Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 6:47:01 AM EDT
My local gun shop has a used Blue one of these for $290.
world.guns.ru/handguns/hg113-e.htm

Just wondering if that is a good price and if this gun is good, or a POS.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Useally they work fine.  If you want a 1911 to USE and don't want to spend alot get it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend, having a used one, loved it so much, (I shot it and loved it too) bought his wife one. Hers sucked, the trigger pull was awful and the safety was defective and was sent back for repairs then was sold.
The used one finally broke the slidestop and we have yet to find one for it.
Until that point, it was great in all catagories.
Armed with those facts, I would opt for a 1911 type...at least for having a lifetime supply of readily found parts.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,
I followed the link and read the post.  The M-45 is not double action as the article stated.  It is single action...just so you know.  I have one and I like it a lot.  Personally, I'd pay $290 for another one.  But parts might be a problem.  I've noticed GunParts.com doesn't list any.
Don
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a SS version that I paid $320 for when they first came out.  I absolutley love the thing.

My dad shot mine and went right out and bought a blued model for $280.

That was about 8 (ish) years ago.  In my area I rarely see them for sale, and when they are, they are usually in about 30% condition and sell for the origional price.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Firestar M 45 that I bought new in 1992 for $350.  Shot many rounds thru it and really like it.  But not so much since I got the Mil-Spec 1911.  No problems with at all.
 BTW,  You can get extra Firestar magazines for the M 45 from CDNN   www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html   I bought 4 some time ago and they were the exact mag that came with the gun.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a great pistol with a browning type barrel linking system!   The only reason I got rid of mine was low mag capacity,and a ton to wear!

Good pistol though!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top