User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 10:09:39 PM EDT
anybody ever used these?

I want to try 'em out on some jack rabbits

will they wear out my bore?

thanks for any help
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I used them once, the "shot" are tinnie weenie and spread out like mad when shot from a 4" barrel. From like 2-3 yards away you'll get a 1.5 foot circular pattern. Got a few of em somewhere, only shot like 3 or 4. They go into wood about 2mm's
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They won't wear out your bore...or any jackwabbits either.
The shot pellets fired from any rifled barrel will rotate and "milkyway" as it gains distance.
Maybe snakes at a few yards or an "unwanted" guest in your doorway...
Try some out for yourself, maybe then you can get a better idea of what they can or can't do.
As you move a paper target away from you, you will see how few pellets actually reach the target, using a picture of a wabbit, to count the non-lethal hits.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably won't take down a rabbit from more than 10 ft. (small shot).
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I fired some of these rounds out of my .38. At 5 feet the pattern was HUGE covering the entire paper and the greatest concentration of shot was nowhere near the center of my aim.

The CCI shotshells are useless except for, and this is odd mind you, shooting bees.

At my range there are bees and wasps everywhere. They buzz around me all the time. When I have the range to myself, I shoot those pesky critters to keep them away from me.

This is safe and is actually great fun. Aside from this, however, they are useless.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the .22 shotshells for grasshoppers
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about the CCI 9mm Shotshell, but I have and do use the Federal .22LR Bird Shot in a revolver, 6 inch barrel. I can tell you it works for snakes at about 6 -8 ft. At 7 yds it scatters and is ineffective. I can imagine a 3-5 inch barreled 9mm being effective at similar ranges, but hardly at a range for rabbits. If you get that close, just grab them and save ammo! <grin> <funnin' ya> It doesn't affect the gun, that I can tell. Maybe someone has used the shotshell and can give ya info from their experience with it.
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have used the CCI shotshells in 22LR, .38, and .45ACP

One thing I have noticed is the SHORTER the Brl the better they pattern. I can shoot starlings out of the tops of trees all day with the shotshell load in my 2" .38

A friend of munie used the 22LR shotshell to kill a Rat that was comming into his apartment to raid the bird food. Clean kill with little damgae to the interior walls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top