Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 5:50:29 AM EDT
I'd appreciate some info. from those of you having experience with the Colt "Defender". I am considering one, and am getting conflicting stories from people at gunshows (of course), including "it's junk", "the slide hasn't enough size to cycle properly", and "look at all you see traded in". My be true, or possibly, "I have something else to sell, so the other guy's is junk".

It's all part of a "condensing" phase: having a few useful pieces, and less to keep up with. Right now, I have some nice .45's, including S&W 945's, but I want to stick to one manufacturer, similarity of parts and takedown, etc. The thing that bit me is I got a Caspian/Clark full size in a trade, and I really like it - if I had to drive tacks in an inaccessible place, it has the accuracy for it. So, it's either sell that (which I don't really want to) and keep the Smiths, and sell off another one or two other Smiths, or keep the Caspian and get the Defender or a Springfield Micro for carry purposes.

Also, any price info on the newly issued Colt 1911A1 reproduction/reissue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  

Richard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top