Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 9:58:14 AM EDT
I posted this in the Kahr forum but thought I'd bring it over here.  Any experience with this product?  If it works, how well does it work?  I have a P40 Covert that starts to walk in my hand with follow-up shots.  I'm also considering the Agrip to reduce slippage.  Any thoughts on these?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Harrts in my SA 1911 & it's a good part, IMO. I'm toying with adding them to my High Power & 92FS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply.  Judging by the lack of responses, there is very little experience with this product.  I'm not able to find much info on the web, what I have found seems to indicate that I could expect less muzzle flip, but what about the actual felt recoil??  Do you know how some mercury and a few ballbearings inside the rod makes it function?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The mercury is a heavy liguid, which adds weight, and the bearings roll to redistribute the weight in the recoil rod by pushing the mercury around, so that it supposedly stays balanced.

Or at least that's my understanding of it.

I've toyed with the idea of getting one, but have yet to do it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO, it reduces flip much more than it reduces recoil.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one in a Sti.
Cant tell if it is there or not.
Feels the same with it or a full guid rod.

Now on a shotgun those things work.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, Bob and Hydguy.  That must have been a little disappointing, NoKarma.  I hate to put out cash and then not get what I'm expecting.  This Kahr has been a bit of a challenge for me.  It's a quality piece, but its size causes it's own problems for me.  I'm still searching for a solution.  My problem primarily is holding the darn thing.  I get two fingers on the grip and when it recoils, my thumb ends up pushing the magazine release (it seems to naturally lay right over the top of it.  I moved my thumb above the the release button and then it would activate the slide-lock lever and lock back the slide.  I havn't had much time to work with it at the range, but my intent is to try a two thumbs up grip, or maybe tuck them down.  If they had designed it with a protective ridge going around the mag release button, there never would have been a problem.  Anyway, reducing recoil/flip would go a long way for me.  Thanks for the replys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never used it. I do have an A-grip on my Kahr P40.

The back of the grip really started to dig into the palm of my hand.

I put the A-Grip on it, I love it. It makes shooting it a lot more comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I may try the Agrip first along with re-positioning my hand.  I've read that the Agrip covers the mag release button on some models, does it do that on your Kahr?  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got one on my SIG-Sauer P226 9mm.

I think it really does work to reduce muzzle flip...at least it works for me, anyway.

It seems to help with recoil a little, but it's strong suit seems to be reducing muzzle flip. The ads I've seen say that it's supposed to cut muzzle flip by about 1/3rd in 9mm's. That seems to be about right from my experience. Follow-up shots are quicker and easier to make.

Would I buy another one? Yes, I would. In fact, I've got a SIG-Sauer P228 9mm that I'll be getting one for in the near future. It wouldn't be the first accessory I'd buy for a new pistol, but it would be on the "To Get" list for one...

BTW- My first "accessory" choice would be a good set of self-luminous tritium night sights. My next choice would be a top-quality holster geared towards the pistol's intended application.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had one in my Glock 21 .45 for several years (since 96) I to would agree that what it does is reduce muzzle flip (which is fine by me, since thats what I wanted it to do in the first place.)

I've shot a couple of thousand rounds through the 21 with the Harrt's with out so much as a hiccup...No Problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've read that the Agrip covers the mag release button on some models, does it do that on your Kahr?  

Yes, it does. Its not a problem, you can cut the Agip as to not cover it, but the mag release wont stick out far enough. I have had no problems with it not releasing the mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top