Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 10:25:27 AM EDT
I am torn between the two guns. both are very close in price at my local store. $459 for the XD and $499 for the Glock. The price is not a factor in my decision. I am hearing pro's and con's with both. Truct me I would like to have both, but as my first handgun purchase, I don't know which to choose.
So far Glock has the name (reputation), size, and durability/reliability going for it. The XD has the safety features, appearance, innovation, and uniqueness going for it. As for accuarcy, from what I hear they both shoot very close to the same. I just need some opinions biased or not to help me make a decision. They are both great guns from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally have never liked the grip angle or the trigger on the Glock. I love my XD-40.  I have had mine for about 6 mo and over 1000 rounds.  I vote XD!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two XD's! A 4" 40cal and a compact 9mm. I love bothe of them! I've shot well over 2500 rounds through them without a single           malfunction! My neighbor even decided to sell his Glock and get one. Their both a good choice but for me the XD wins hands down!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
definately the XD!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never fired an XD, but I vote for the G23 anyhow.  I have two, and I have no complaints about either one.  

I'm sure someone will want to argue the point, but I still say it all comes down to personal preference.  The G23 fits my hand well enough that I don't need to try any other polymer-framed handguns.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I voted for the Glock 23. I have had one for about 7 years and it's never malfunctioned.  I do like the grip feel of the XD, but i dont like it's very long trigger reset, even longer than a Sig's

However, some people with more trigger time than me have said the Browning high-power 40SW and the Steel framed S&W 40's (4006?) are the only 40SW handguns that will last a lifetime of shooting.

If I were going to buy another 40SW handgun it would be a BHP or a Ruger Blackhawk convertable in .40SW/.38-40
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Just thought I'd be the first to ask.

But isn't glock still on the s**tlist?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#7]
ill put in a vote for the glock 23.  ive had one since jan 01, and i love it.  i completely have no second thoughts about letting my life depend on it.

without the hogue grip tho, i wouldnt like it.
www.dfwlp.com/~jhorne/guns/dsc00861.jpg

my first post!! :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top