Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 3:54:56 PM EDT
I recently bought a used LNIB Springfeild 1911A1. I like the gun, but unfortunetly it came equipped with fixed sites. Can anyone recomend a rear site, adjustable for windage and elevatoin, for a standard dovetail with factory fixed sites in a 1911 that won't require me to have the slide relieved?

Thanks for all the help... Happy Shooting!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownell's shows at least one.

PSI Adjustable

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9219

There are probably a couple more but the Brownell's search function is so screwed up, good luck finding one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If I may say so, unless you plan on doing some bullseye competition shooting with different loads, the adj sights may be a waste of your time.

Obviously the rear sights are drift adj for windage & the front post can be replaced with a shorter or longer one depending on what you need.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Still, installing an adjustable sight is easier than messing with a staked front sight.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Still, installing an adjustable sight is easier than messing with a staked front sight.

Aren't the new models dovetailed on the front as well?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't the new models dovetailed on the front as well?

My Kimber is dovetailed both front and rear.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You might try:

http://www.mmcsight.com/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top