Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2003 9:19:22 PM EDT
ok guys please help.i have a chance to buy a ruger p94dc .40. i rate it about 93%,comes with two hicap mags and case.what would be a fair price?      thanx
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure about your model but all rugers look the same..i had a P89dc (9mm) with 2 hi caps that i bought for $319, put about 1k rounds thru it and sold for $300 a year later.  i would guess that's a decent deal on a ruger auto...to me it would depend on stainless or blued.  mine was stainless.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]

not sure about your model but all rugers look the same.

Not hardly, cat.

For the original poster, I sold a LNIB P94DC with 5 magazines back in the spring for $425.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here stainless Ruger P-94's (as well as P-89's) go for about $325 if in excellent condition, with the box and extra mag.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking around the $325-$350 mark also.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I JUST PICKED UP A P94DC IN 40SW W/2 RUG. MAGS AND HE THROWED IN A BOX OF180 GRAIN WOLF..ALL FOR 319.00....HE WAS ASKING 299.00 FOR THE GUN...ANYBODY FAMILIER WITH THIS GUN...FEELS GOOD IN THE HAND....NEVER SHOT THIS CALIBER....I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD DEAL...OH YEAH HE THEOWED IN A UNCLE MIKE NYLON HOLSTER TOO...MIKEB.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I JUST PICKED UP A P94DC IN 40SW W/2 RUG. MAGS AND HE THROWED IN A BOX OF180 GRAIN WOLF..ALL FOR 319.00....HE WAS ASKING 299.00 FOR THE GUN...ANYBODY FAMILIER WITH THIS GUN...FEELS GOOD IN THE HAND....NEVER SHOT THIS CALIBER....I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD DEAL...OH YEAH HE THEOWED IN A UNCLE MIKE NYLON HOLSTER TOO...MIKEB.

You did ok at that price. If you give the Ruger a chance I think you will find it to be a satisfactory weapon. Obviously they aren't a Sig or a custom 1911, but they are a simple, reliable and reasonably accurate pistol. I have had P-89's, P-90's, a P-91, a P-94, a P-95 and a P-97! LOL. I still have a few of them. IMHO, the Ruger P-series pistols are the best bang for the buck out there. However, if you find the grip uncomfortable, you might slip on a set of Hogue rubber grips. It sure makes them feel better in the hand.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
and reasonably accurate pistol.

Yeah, they might hit water if you fired one at the ocean.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Yeah, they might hit water if you fired one at the ocean.

Once again, half-witted rhetoric from Bob. He hates Rugers, but doesn't know why. Probably never owned or shot one either.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Once again, half-witted rhetoric from Bob. He hates Rugers, but doesn't know why. Probably never owned or shot one either.

Once again, dumbassed insults from Jim. Easy to be an internet tough guy, huh Jim?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Once again, dumbassed insults from Jim. Easy to be an internet tough guy, huh Jim?

Have always thought that of you. Do you own a P94? Have you EVER owned a P94? Better yet, have you EVER owned ANY Ruger firearms? Have you EVER shot any? Didn't think so, which makes your tired dogma essentially WORTHLESS. It's always the same old garbage from you. If you have no experience with these firearms, why do you constantly feel the need to offer your constant barrage of negative comments that have no basis? Give it a rest. For a change.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Bob,

I have a P-89 here that will shoot with any comparable double action semi-auto pistol I have ever owned. So obviously your experience with Ruger pistols is different than mine and most others who give them a chance.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Bobbo doesn't own any Ruger firearms, has never owned any Ruger firearms, and has shot very few Ruger firearms. A search of his posts on this subject will confirm this. Despite all of this, Bobbo always, without fail, will tirelessly jump in with a load of negative comments about Ruger firearms with zero experience to back up any of it. Give us all a break, Bobbo.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Give us all a break, Bobbo.

Give us one from you, internet tough guy. Go play with the other dumbasses on DU.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have a P-89 here that will shoot with any comparable double action semi-auto pistol I have ever owned.

Then you have a rariety, IMO. I do wonder why you didn't list the other makes, though. They wouldn't happen to be the likes of Lorcin, Jennings & High Point would they?    

For the record, I'm no fan of S&W semis either, with the exception of their models 41 & 52.

Ruger makes damn nice Red Labels & No. 1s but their semis are too heavy, too bulky & way too average on accuracy, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a P-89 here that will shoot with any comparable double action semi-auto pistol I have ever owned.

Then you have a rariety, IMO. I do wonder why you didn't list the other makes, though. They wouldn't happen to be the likes of Lorcin, Jennings & High Point would they?    

For the record, I'm no fan of S&W semis either, with the exception of their models 41 & 52.

Ruger makes damn nice Red Labels & No. 1s but their semis are too heavy, too bulky & way too average on accuracy, IMO.

I HAD a KP89 9mm and it was very accurate(better than me) and reliable. Anyhow, the thing I didn't care about it were the loose grip panels. I traded it off, but took quite a beating(as always with retail trades).
 I later tried a Ruger model with the polymer frame at the gunstore. I really liked the feel. Perhaps one of these days I will revisit a Ruger; perhaps the fairly new .45acp model.

To answer the original poster's question on value; I would think about $300-350 at retail and perhaps a lil bit lower for a private sale.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Again, more worthless CRAP from Bobbo who hates Rugers, but doesn't know why. How would you know if he has a rarity, Bobbo? If we took everything you knew about Rugers, it wouldn't fill a thimble. Jesus Christ, PLEASE GIVE US ALL A BREAK FROM YOUR ASS BACKWARDS DOGMA!!! You prove no point, let alone make one, with your constant inane ramblings.

Give us one from you, internet tough guy.

Actually, Bobbo, I seem to recall you communicating a threat of physical violence in the past that resulted in a thread being locked.

You never have answered any of my questions: have you EVER owned ANY Ruger firearms? Have you EVER shot any? If not, here's your chance to bow out and STFU on this subject once and for all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Again, more worthless CRAP from Bobbo
Your momma teach you these manners? Are these the manners you teach your kids to have?

who hates Rugers, but doesn't know why.
I said somewhere I hated them? Hardly.

How would you know if he has a rarity, Bobbo? If we took everything you knew about Rugers, it wouldn't fill a thimble. Jesus Christ, PLEASE GIVE US ALL A BREAK FROM YOUR ASS BACKWARDS DOGMA!!! You prove no point, let alone make one, with your constant inane ramblings.
Follow your own advice there, bub.

Actually, Bobbo, I seem to recall you communicating a threat of physical violence in the past that resulted in a thread being locked.
You would be totally wrong, as usual.

You never have answered any of my questions:
I refuse to respond to people who have all the manners of a drunken French whore.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you own ANY Ruger firearms, Bobbo? Have you EVER owned ANY Ruger firearms, Bobbo? Have you EVER shot one? If you can't answer any of those questions, then it will indeed be time for you to bow out and you have thus far been unable to answer. I've drawn my conclusions.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#19]
No personal Attacks, fellas.

This one has run its course.

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top