Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 3:49:40 PM EDT
A friend at work the other day was talking up the Sig DAK pistols, so I was just doing a quick read-up. Now I very rarely read acticles from gun magazines anymore, I never feel that I can trust them. I skimmed over this article, and I can't help but be skeptical again. This article claims in testing, they pressed a bullet into the bore of the barrel, and then fired a live round behind it.

Shooting Times article  (Tests are on Page 3)

Plugged Barrel Test: "An appropriate caliber bullet for the chambered caliber will be pressed into barrel from the breech to a depth of 1.16 inches as measured from the breech. The barrel will be re-installed and the pistol fired using one round of service ammunition. Any barrel deformation or damage will be noted. The test will be repeated, with a second pistol, with a bullet lodged 0.5 inch from the end of the muzzle. Any barrel deformation or damage will be noted."

Several other less impressive tests mentioned, and:

Okay, you tell me. Would you expect any handgun you currently own to function under these conditions? The SIG pistols did.

I wish they would have said what they 'noted' during this test.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Plugged Barrel Test: "An appropriate caliber bullet for the chambered caliber will be pressed into barrel from the breech to a depth of 1.16 inches as measured from the breech. The barrel will be re-installed and the pistol fired using one round of service ammunition. Any barrel deformation or damage will be noted. The test will be repeated, with a second pistol, with a bullet lodged 0.5 inch from the end of the muzzle. Any barrel deformation or damage will be noted."
I wish they would have said what they 'noted' during this test.

Maybe the author had no fingers left to write anything after conducting his test...

Or couldn't see to type!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top