Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 10:35:55 PM EDT
Which one of these would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Browning Buckmark or Ruger
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Of the two you list, Beretta's quality will almost always be better than S&W...but I don't personally care for either of these two pistols.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I would reccomend the Ruger MKII. Easier to customize, more fun, and superbly accurate in the bull barrel models.

I will not get rid of mine. Ever.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Ruger MKII and I love it, but it does not have a scope rail and these do.

ikor - have you shot both of these pistols? Or did you mean that you don't care for either of these brands?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Neither, my favorite 22 is a CZ75 9mm with a Kadet 22 conversion unit. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you checked out the walthers ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have you checked out the walthers ?

The P22? I like the look of it, didn't really seem like an accuracy gun to me though. Plus the slide seemed like it was going to break in my hands.

I am mostly looking for something that I can mount a scope to in .22lr that would be good for small game hunting.

Thnx.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a neos and like it for a range gun.

A few things i like

VERY VERY VERY easy to clean
Grip angle fits my hand like a glove
Very accurate
the 4" model is very well balenced
Scope rail
Trigger job can be easily done

Things i don't like

Rough trigger out of the box
Adding optics screws up the balence and makes it HEAVY. i had a tasco propoint on mine.

Safety is in a really shitty places and cuts into your hand when engaged.

Mine has had ejection problems. ie.. short stroking. After 1000 rounds of high velocity ammo i took 2 turns off the recoil spring and 2 turns off the striker spring. Much better but still an occasional jam. hopefully this will eventually break in.

Parts availability is non existant right now. extra mags are hard to find

From the other internet forums i have checked out  reliability has been hit or miss. Either you get a good one out of the box or it takes some work to make them reliable.

As for accuracy mine has been more accurate than my ruger 22/45

Overall i would say it is well worth the money. Once i get the ejection problem solved i will be MORE than happy with it.

mike
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Beerslayer.

Do you have any trouble with the slide release? Seems pretty far up the gun.

How many ejection problems? Are we talking like 5/1000 or 5/50?

More accurate than a 22/45 eh? Awesome.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#10]
the slide release is pretty much useless. when locked back the slide put a pretty good amount of pressure on it and it is sometimes difficult to release. I have found it easier and faster to just pull back on the slide.

as for my malfunction problem usually 2-3 in a 10 rnd mag. Although it is getting better. i beleive my problem may be a really tough striker spring. I have shot 2 others that did not seem as stiff and did not have the problem mine has.

I am not going to say it is a better gun than a ruger mkII just different. For the price i think they are a decent buy if you like the style and they fit your hand.

I can say shooting mine with optics sucked. i much prefer the irons with this pistol.

mike
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had a NEOS INOX for about 6 months and am very pleased with it.  Unlike Beer_Slayer's experience, my slide release works flawlessly with a minimum of effort.  I agree with him about the safety and the trigger.  Never had a hiccup with any of the rounds I've put through it: CCI MiniMags, Winchester SuperXs or Remington Thunderbolts.  The magazine release is another curious feature.  I always find myself looking for it.  Just isn't intuitive, or my muscle-memory from a several year relationship with a Sig is just too powerful.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
wanna trade?

mike
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys. I ended up buying the NEOS and I love it. So far it has functioned flawlessly, it is accurate and comfortable to shoot. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
looks good that is the same one i have. How does your handle with the scope?

mike
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Works suprisingly well with the scope. Balance is still alright and it is amazingly accurate with it. I don't know if my open sight skills suck but I can reliably hit things that I would never have dreamed before. For instance I was hitting a 5" square plate at about 250 feet, pling, pling, pling. I was amazed. The only thing I don't like is how high the scope is sitting now with those look throughs. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Avoid the 22A.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I have one of each.

Walther P22
Beretta Neos
Ruger MK2
SW 22A

All function reliably.  I prefer the Neos.  It just fits my hand best and feels the most natural.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Personal preference is the Ruger MKII. There are pics on my website with the MKII and a mounted scope along with some targets shot at 27 yds.
The website is http://www.geocities.com/rugercal480

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top