Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2003 8:33:43 PM EDT
I bought a Glock 32 at the gun show last weekend & shot it yesterday.

It's a damn good thing I didn't buy the 33 because this little SOB has some ZIP on the recoil!

It's not certainly .44mag level or anything but my hand did shake a bit after 50rds.

I'm gonna switch over to carrying .357Sig from my .45acp H&K. While the Glock was the usual Glock, I really enjoy this caliber.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
But did ya hit anything with it?
I found the blast too great and the grooves don't fit my meathooks after a string or two.
I would not want to have to use any .357Sig handgun without hearing protection or at night for obvious reasons.
At least for my uses, it would be relegated to "fun gun" status at the range.
My hats off to you, Bob...you can handle it.

Now for a .40 cal bbl.?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But did ya hit anything with it?
Very little. I ran off & forgot my targets.  

I found the blast too great and the grooves don't fit my meathooks after a string or two.
I admit my hands were shaking at the end of the 50rds.

I would not want to have to use any .357Sig handgun without hearing protection or at night for obvious reasons.
I don't know about night but "auditory exclusion" takes effect when one shoots defensively.

At least for my uses, it would be relegated to "fun gun" status at the range.
My hats off to you, Bob...you can handle it.
I'm already thinking about trading the Glock in on a H&K in .357Sig.  

Now for a .40 cal bbl.?
One caliber I have NO use for.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
auditory exclusion doesn't stop hearing loss...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
auditory exclusion doesn't stop hearing loss...

I seriously doubt that a few shots fired once or twice in a lifetime w/o hearing protection during a self-defense action would incur hearing loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top