Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2001 4:41:36 PM EDT
Bought one for 150.00 saw it and thought it was so qute .Never been fired and two clips.  Anyone have any input about this thing. And did I get a deal or not?
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that depends does it have a threaded barrel if so you got a great deal on a preban if not sounds like a good deal for post ban.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Having had 3 or 4 of them in the past, they dont seem totally reliable and they will rust fast if not coated. One I had was real accurate, two were average, one sucked bad. I put an O-ring on the barrel nut to keep it on and still remove it for cleaning. A couple of the original mags are worth more than the gun itself. Butler creek 25 dont work in the TEC-22 but the Eagle 30s do. (built in ejector) as do the rotary 10-22 10 rounders. I also remember putting a rubber hose on the trigger to cushion the kick back from the mechanism.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Gene. You always have good input.
    This one came with two 20 round clips and origenal box.
    Don't know how it shoots at this time. I'm thinking about how to treat it so it won't rust?
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Just use your favorite anti-rust formula to coat entire top and any exposed metal, I like spray on, for complete coverage. The original magazines were 30 rounders, black, and said "scorpion" on the side, so I suspect yours are Ramlines. Borrow a 10 round rotary from a 10-22 Ruger to test for reliability, and maybe try "stingers" if ejection is a problem. I opened up the chamber and polished it, also clipping a few coils from the recoil spring for even more reliability, as the new one, I felt was too strong. Look at it as more of a novelty/fun gun, not really something to stake your life on as mags and chamber get dirty fast...enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top