Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 9:22:37 PM EDT
If you haven't seen these they are pistols that aimsurplus got from police departments and are selling for $359-$389. They have Sig 226's, Glock 22's, and Berettas. Here is the link. http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_Pistols.html
I was wondering how many rounds you think these pistols have had through them and what kind of condition you think they are in. Do you think these would make good purchases? Also the picture of the beretta is the compact model but is listed as the 92D which is the full sized model. The mag that comes with it is a 15 rounder and I dunno if the compact takes a 15 round mag. Just wonderin what ya thought.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Police trade ins, 50 to 100 rounds per year.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Police trade-ins are a real "Best buy" in guns.
Usually they are carried much-fired little.

The down side is, you're getting a used gun, with no factory warranty.  It will have scratches, holster wear, and "dings" on the metal and grips.

The up side is, you're getting a gun that was carefully checked over by a police armorer when the department received it, so any problems were corrected before issue.

The gun will have been maintained to department standards, and periodically inspected.

There will be no "Billy Bob" alterations or home gunsmithing.

The gun will be fired enough to break it in, and turn up any problems, which will have been fixed by the department armorer.

You will get an excellent quality firearm at cut-rate prices.

You will get a "free" hi-cap magazine, and usually can order extras at good prices...do so.

So, what you get is a slightly finish-worn gun, with all problems fixed, break-in already done, and no amateur "gunsmithing" or "repairs" to make it "better".

That qualifies as a "Best buy" in anybodies book.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a cop 92 from another dealer.  It was pretty beat up, but has worked great.  On balance, I would have rather spent the extra $100 and get a new piece.  I would not buy another used gun on the internet sight unseen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top