Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 5:00:18 PM EDT
Anybody running this through a Glock 21?

Any problems feeding, extracting, ejecting?

Any other problems?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Winchester 230 gr Ranger +P in my G-21. No problems to report.

But my G-30 has shed it's slide lock (the take down lever for disassembly) twice. Not sure why. I use the same ammo in it, plus 230 grn FMJ from Speer and American Eagle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you need to upgrade your recoil spring.  I emailed Kimber about using +p in their pistols and their response was I need to upgrade to a 22# or 24# recoil spring.  The slide may be battering the lower.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maybe you need to upgrade your recoil spring.  I emailed Kimber about using +p in their pistols and their response was I need to upgrade to a 22# or 24# recoil spring.  The slide may be battering the lower.

Well I'm the only one at my "company" that has had the problem once, let alone twice. All the other parts appear to have regular wear. Heck there is barely any wear on the slide lock itself, which would have to be battered to get to the slide lock spring.

So I'm at a loss. It should be getting sent back to the factory soon. Who knows maybe they'll detect someting.............
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use Winchester 230 gr Ranger +P in my G-21. No problems to report.

But my G-30 has shed it's slide lock (the take down lever for disassembly) twice. Not sure why. I use the same ammo in it, plus 230 grn FMJ from Speer and American Eagle.

On your G30, when you say "shed it's slide lock" what do you mean?  Just curious since I own a 30.  You mean the whole "bar" holding the slide onto the reciever is failing to keep the slide on the pistol?  Is your slide flying off?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The slide lock is the offical name for the "take down lever" that you pull down to disassemble the gun.

The slide lock flew out last time and hit me in the shoulder. The slide was still on, it will stay "in battery" as long as the tigger isn't pulled on an empty chamber, I think.

The spring that the slide lock rides on has broken twice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#6]
OLY-M4gery,

DAMN!  Thats bizzare!  Was it just the tabs that flew out or the whole assembly?  And the BAR "lock thing" that pulls down along with the tabs?  GLad your OK!!  Sorry for all the questions just hoping to never see this myself!-HORIK
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Both times the slide lock spring broke and was gone.

The first time the slide lock left the gun, and the slide went 1/4" too far forward, loaded, but wouldn't fire. Getting it apart was a little challenging.

The second time, fired a round and I got hit on the shoulder with the slide lock and recognized what it was. The gun was in battery, loaded w/o the slide lock in place. I do believe it would have fired if I pulled the trigger. I have no idea what extra actions would have happened if I pulled the trigger.

The slide lock is the "bar thing" and the tabs that you pull down. It's all one piece.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used that, also have used Triton 165+P 45ACP, that's an interesting round.
I mainly shoot and use Hydra-shok 230 grain-accurate, makes big hole, expands well, feeds well.
I shoot them out of either a HK USP or Sig P-220.
Should work well out of Glock 21 or 30.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Corbon has made at least two versions of the 230Gn +P. One uses the Hornady XTP bullet, the other uses the 230Gn Gold Dot.

The Gold Dot is a good personal protection bullet, but Corbons wquality control is not as good as CCI, Pro-Load, or Black Hills, who all offer ammo with the same bullet.

The 230Gn XTP is actually a pretty good Deer bullet for handgun hunters. It expands slightly, but penetrates deep, exactly what I want in a deer hunting bullet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
but Corbons wquality control is not as good as CCI, Pro-Load, or Black Hills, who all offer ammo with the same bullet.

Could you elaborate on this statement a bit, please?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top