Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 8:42:40 PM EDT
Anyone familiar or own these sights?

XS Sight System

Ran across these on the net.  Got to compare a set of trijicons and a set of Tru Glo TFO's yesterday in both day and night conditions. The Tru Glo's were brighter and showed up better in both conditions.

Then I saw the add for the XS and like it as well??
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a great sight for self defense weapons, but not so great for precision shooting.

On a CCW weapon I personally would prefer them over the Tru Glo TFO's.  I find the TFO's way to big on a carry gun, and waiting to get caught on something.

Either will work and most are happy with the one they choose.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the XS bit dot system on my G19 and I love them. Like stated above, ther're more for self defense rather than precision shooting but with practice I've hit  targets at 100 yards just as well as friends with the factory sights. Not much of a group but its not impossible.

The glow is just right, Not too dark, not too bright.

If i were to get another glock I would try the small dot but I'm sure I would end up buying the big one after a month.

Just buy it and if you don't like it, sell it.

Khem
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I love them.

+3 to the fact that they are best for a dedicated CCW.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I will stick to my Mepros.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:23:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the standard dot one on my commander and I really like them.  Although everyone tells you that they're no good for precision, I do most of my shooting at 25 yards and there was no real noticeable change in accuracy.  I like them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had them on a couple guns, and found that my follow-up shots would string vertically because there was no easy and quick way to re-index the rear sight against the front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top