Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 2:35:51 PM EDT
What do you use to clean the barrel of your handgun? I I have tried all of the above and  like bronze brushes. Nylon does not seem to clean well. Stainless is great but supposedly scratches the barrel.

So what do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Boresnake with built-in bronze brush, dry.  2 seconds and you're done.  Move on to the next part.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Stainless steel chamber and bore brushes are for gunsmith use in barrels that are so neglected, you have nothing to loose.  They can and will damage the bore and chamber.

Synthetic works well in shotguns, but not so well in rifles and pistols.

The best/safest are the bronze brushes.  Properly used, they will not harm the bore or chamber and will brush out copper and lead fouling.
Their only shortcoming is that bore solvents eat them up unless you rinse them off after use.
Even then, they don't last long, so buy them in bulk.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Phosphor bronze brushes are all I use, unless cleaning the cylinder on a stainless revolver where I will sometimes use a stainless brush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top