Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 8:18:35 PM EDT
I have the itch to get a new toy to play with and want a smaller 1911 style in 45ACP.  Looking at a Wilson Combat CQB Compact or Kimber Elite Carry.  Decisions, Decisions.  Have not shot or owned either handgun.  I would like to know the good and if any bad on these models.  Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
If money is not an object, then go with the Wilson, if it fits, it has everything you could want.

The kimber would be good too, but it does have some parts I would replace.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kimber Elite Pro Carry and it was my favorite handgun...until I purchased a Wilson CQB Tactical 1911!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
No choice, Wilson hands down.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased the Wilson CQB Compact and got it yesterday....It was a fair price and is one nice little 45. Can not wait to go see if it shoots as good as it looks and feels. It is just as nice as my Thunder Ranch in fit and finnish and on the used market was less money.

While doing my transfer at the local gun shop, they had a used Baby Eagle in 40 S&W.  Looked to be a nice gun. Don't know anything about them and do not have any guns chanbered in 40 S&W . Any one here know any thing about them?  Or a good 40 S&W choice.  Shop also had a used CZ75 in 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP I LOVED - 1000'2 of rounds without a hiccup, fit my hand, reasonable recoil.  Then I got a Wilson CQB Compact- better fit, finish, silky smooth, great trigger.  The Kimber now sits neglected in my safe...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello,
I don't think you can ever go wrong with any CZ.
I have owned a couple of CZ in 9mm.  Every thing I have ever read, seen or anyone's opinion of a CZ has been very positive.  Durable, accurate and cost effective. IMHO buy a CZ.
thedr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top