Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2007 12:38:48 PM EDT
I was at the gun shop today and saw a brand new Indian arms highpower clone for $300.  I have always had a eye for highpowers but never had the money to buy one.  But this little dandy peaked my interest as a good potential shooter for the price.  No, i'm not talking about a handgun who's main purpose would be to protect my life, just for range and plinking work.  I know nothing about this firearm or manufacturer.   Apparently my google skills suck, I couldn't find anything on them.  Can anyone help me out?  Are they decent guns?  Are they exact copies (aka do the parts interchange with actual highpowers?) or just similar? Etc.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't heard anything about those clones.

Now, if I were to buy a non-Belgian HP, it would be one of the FM pieces - they're Argentine licensed copies of the true, FNH Hi-Power. You can usually get them for $350-$450, depending on condition.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get a Browning.  $400-450.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Actual FNs/Brownings are considerably more expensive these days - I actually did a quick search before I posted, as the last time I was seriously looking at HPs I found a ton of new FNs around the $500 mark.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Local gun shop has been sitting on one for close to two years.  Rough as a cob, looks like it was built in a cave.  Seems to be a copy of the Canadian Inglis version of the HP.

No idea on how well they work,  based on how they look I'd be leery.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actual FNs/Brownings are considerably more expensive these days - I actually did a quick search before I posted, as the last time I was seriously looking at HPs I found a ton of new FNs around the $500 mark.

For brand new ones, you're probably right.  I have purchased 5 in the last year and a half, and have paid $400-475 for each.  All were slightly used, coming with box + mags.  

The cheapest price for a brand new Browning I've seen recently is $650.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one, what a total piece of shit.  First, its an Inglis clone, so not all hi-power parts fit it.  Second, its a complete piece of shit.  I had serious FTE issues, and the front sight fell out the first time I took it shooting.  I sold it to a buddy as a "fixer upper", and the first time he shot it, the several internals broke.

Avoid them like the plague.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, as with any gun experiences vary. Mine works fine. Mainly got it to avoid shooting my original WWII Inglis too much. I've only shot ball through mine and have never had a problem with it. I haven't felt the need to try hollowpoints. All my Hipower mags work fine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
It appears to be hit or miss with this manufacturer, and a $300 risk is a hell of a risk to take.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top