Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2007 2:59:37 PM EDT
Has anyone used the site gunbroker.com for purchases? They seem to have really good prices. Just seeing if anyone has experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I use it, but only purchase from dealers with good feedback.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought quite a few things there , never had a problem.
but do your home work before you send cash to anyone.

If it feels wrong than don't
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm new to there, but I bought one thing so far and everything was good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone buy actual firearms? How was the transfer process?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a few things there including a pistol.  Transfer was pretty easy, just takes a little longer if you use regular mail to get them the FFA paperwork.  I have not heard of any real horror stories, most of the sellers are stores.  Stick with the ones that have good feedback if you want to be sure, most of those guys take feedback very seriously.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone buy actual firearms? How was the transfer process?

I bought a $3800 rifle the first time I used gunbroker.
Even though I did my home work before sending the money order , still was worried.

It was clear across the country to a person I never met .
It was a private sale not a shop.

also to add this was my first time ever buying anything off a site
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I've bought a few $2000+ pistols through Gunbroker, and have been satisfied.  

Do research the seller, no reason to buy from someone with less than perfect feedback.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
i have bought 7 rifles/handguns from gunbroker and gunsamerica in the past few years. just make sure that you speak with the seller first- especially if he is not a licensed ffl, confirm what store they will be dropping the gun off to for shipping, than call the store to verify the gun has been dropped off. once this has been done than you know the transaction is legit.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
half of my stuff I've gotten of gunbroker the postal service has cost me more guns than any bad dealer

For the best deals try auction arms the pickings are slim but the finial bid is lower since there is no 15 minuet reset with every bid
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I have only bought Curio items, about 5 guns. No problems. I do get a little antsy when sending a check for $1400 across the country to a private seller.

I prefer AuctionArms, less selection, but I think the prices wind up lower.

I haven't sold anything yet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I have made two firearm transactions through gunbroker.com and have had no problems with either. The owners keep their site well policed as bad transactions would hurt their profits.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
How does one enforce/verify this clause?

Quoted:

Make sure that  the seller gives a 3-7 day nonfiring inspection and says so in the auction. If they do not state that , email them and ask if they do offer that time, then keep that email.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I suppose if they dont agree/dont do it then you dont buy from them. Also, that $400 price is with the reserve not met which means the gun will not sell for that price. So the price must to some degree higher...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#16]
i have bought a quite a few guns and sold a few also through gunbroker.  the only bad transaction i had was buying from an individual.  he advertised an aimpoint and sent me some chinese  crap for $300 or so.  it took about 10 months, but i got most of my money back.  the guy had 100% positive feedback going back 2 years, so i figured he was cool.  moral:be suspicious of everything that uses "stock" photos, or no pictures at all.  if they dont show you pics of the actual item in the auction, ask for some.  many sellers will send pics to you if you ask nicely.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I have bought and sold quite a bit on Gunbroker.  No issues so far.  Most of what I have done has been firearms.

I got a little worried on my last one.. The guy had a no rating, and it was an expensive rifle.  I decided to take a chance, and surprisingly won the auction ( I did not expect to ).  Anyway, the "you have won" email bounced on his address...  I was not sure to be happy or sad...  It all worked out ok in the end, but he was obviously very very new to the whole auction site side of things.

-Corn
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I've bought almost all of my guns via GunBroker. Two were purchased through GB, but the sales were completed FTF in my home state. The others were transferred through a local dealer.

Zero problems so far - the only thing I'm looking to change is my transfer dealer, as his prices are probably going up soon. (One of my good friends recommended another dealer, whom I will probably be using for my next transfer.)
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
i bought my 1st pistol on gunbroker.com, from a dealer in fl and i talked to them over the phone a few times before purchasing it, they were very helpful and everything was legit. i didnt even think about getting screwed and i have been screwed over by ebay sellers more than once.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought a few guns from reputable dealers.  Chose the ones who had storefront businesses and were available by phone not just email.  Sold quite a few lots of mags before using the ARFCOM EE.  Feedback system seems pretty decent too.  IMHO, it's a lot easier to search Gunbroker than to go through all the EE ads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top