Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 8:22:26 AM EDT
Two older, 32 S&W revolvers... very small, shirt pocket and then just 'smaller'... one might be a ruger, but the emblem on the grip doesn't seem right (at work now, not looking at)

I inherited them from my Grandmother... they need some cleaning...

can I email a pic or two, and you can let me know what you think

No Serial Numbers, no Listed Manufacturer or Place of Manufacture
There is some text on them though, on the bottom of grip, and I think when one breaks open...  I show you!  Email address?

I'll keep the pics to a total of under 400 to 500k.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]

one might be a ruger

Ruger can be ruled out right off the bat. They've never manufactured anything chambered in .32 S&W and they've never manufactured a break open revolver. In fact, their double action revolvers are fairly new (Security Six introduced in 1971) as compared to the other major manufacturers.

You probably have an Iver Johnson, H&R, or one of the Spanish knockoffs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm wondering if they are Saturday night specials?  

You want pics, with open (one breaks up, lift a thing that is part of the sight), the other you push release and pull pin out, and cylinder comes out...

=)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Do they look like any of these?

www2.arkansas.net/~sws1/ij-pix.htm
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
edit, hang on.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#5]
That's them... Both Iver Johnsons...

Iver Johnson .32 (small frame) Safety Hammer, 2nd Model, c1897-190 second one, the .32...

and the other one is a (mid point of the page)
Iver Johnson Solid-Frame Revolvers

Iver Johnson .32 M1900, c1900-1941 (shorter barrel version)

www2.arkansas.net/~sws1/ij-pix.htm

Thanks! They worth anything?  They in better condition that the pics I referenced... not mint by far, but once cleaned up, maybe 'good'.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Make sure the cylnder locks up in place , check it good, they were sat night special in the day they were built, not a constant shoot it type of gun. JMO
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#7]
heh, been reading... yeah they were...

Not worth too much either it seems, though the ones I saw were either poor condition or re-nickel finished, and looked silly bright...

Just hold on to I guess?  =\
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top