Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2007 8:02:07 PM EDT
You or the manufacturer?

Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have paid the shipping back to the Manufacturer on every gun I have sent back with the exception of Smith and Wesson. I have sent quite a few back and this is somewhat of a sore spot with me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid to send it to them.

They paid to return it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've paid it to them and they paid the return.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They paid to return it.

+1

SA, Glock
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Para: I have had to pay shipping there, and they paid return shipping. The problem of course is their incompetant asses could not fix anything so I could occasionally, raise enough hell to get a call tag.

Colt: I had to pay shipping there. If it was their fault/problem they would reimburse shipping, and pay for shipping back. They weren't very damn competant either, which was surprising seeing how much they lost on shipping there and back.

I believe Colt has the right idea, which should inspire consumer confidence. Willingness to pay shipping on their mistake shows they don't anticipate many and are committed to making it right.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Manufacturer

I've only sent one back.  It was to S&W and they paid, and it came back working perfect and looking better than when I sent it.  It took 4+ months though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I paid to ship my XD to Springfield Armory and they sent it back to me.  By the way, they have superlative customer service.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The GS I bought the gun from.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Kel Tec: They reimburse for the first trip. You usually pay afterward.

Taurus: You're kidding, right?

Mossberg: Long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I paid to ship.

NAA, Kahr, all others: I paid to ship.

S&W sends a prepaid shipping label. Usually returns the gun in 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]
The only gun I've ever had to send back to the manufacturer, was a Glock.  I saw it had an "update" so I contacted them, and I paid shipping to them.  They did the update, and paid return shipping.  

The Glock came back looking perfect, but it had FTF problems after that.  It had to be returned two more times to them, and they paid shipping each time.  Finally they made it work properly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They paid to return it.

+1

On a Ruger GP100 that was spitting on me.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Springfield (1911) & Taurus(PT-22) both sent me a call tag when I had issues with their pistols.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't see it as a big deal if I have pay for shipping to send a firearm back.  If you have to return something you bought from the store, is the store going to reimburse you for gas?
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The mfg of course. It's all in how you start out the conversation. You have to ask for a call tag righ off the bat so they know that you want them to pay for it. They may say, just ship it and send us the receipt and we'll write you a check. Just say no that is too complicated and just send a call tag. If they say we don't send tags, then tell them to give you their shipper number and you will have it billed t them. Sorry it's their shoddy workmanship that is the reason you havfe to send it back in the first place. Make them pay 100%.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't see it as a big deal if I have pay for shipping to send a firearm back.  If you have to return something you bought from the store, is the store going to reimburse you for gas?

Thank for the reply.

Ain.t no big deal huh?

Well it cost me about 50 buck to send a gun to the east coast for repair.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Send the same gun back a few times from Alaska and tell me the shipping is no big deal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
I paid to ship my XD to Springfield Armory and they sent it back to me.  By the way, they have superlative customer service.

+1 Contacted the service dept. through email; they sent me a service number.  I paid to ship it to them and they paid shipping back with my xd45 in proper order :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#18]
sig paid both ways.................2 times............good service.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I recently sent my Colt back in Warranty and they paid freight both ways. I paid it and included the receipt and they gladly reimbursed the charges. Colt did very well by me!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The mfg of course. It's all in how you start out the conversation. You have to ask for a call tag righ off the bat so they know that you want them to pay for it. They may say, just ship it and send us the receipt and we'll write you a check. Just say no that is too complicated and just send a call tag. If they say we don't send tags, then tell them to give you their shipper number and you will have it billed t them. Sorry it's their shoddy workmanship that is the reason you havfe to send it back in the first place. Make them pay 100%.

I was called "unreasonable" when I thought the same thing on that POS Lusa I won at FAL Files.

And since I won it in a raffle, I should pony up and pay shipping. As if that made any difference in culpability in my eyes.

Havent seen many of them around. Rarely do I wish bad on others, and rarely do I gloat at others misfortune, but after some of the emails I got from Jerry Prasser, I hope they lost their collective asses on that pos. I am sorry Stan got involved in it though.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Whenever you send a pistol back, try to use the manufacturers box AND keep the magazine slot(s) empty.  The manufacturer may fill those slots with brand new factory mags making the $25 shipping fee worth your while!

One manufacturer did that for me but I won't say which one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I paid shipping to ship my CZ97 back to have them work the gun to reliably feed hollowpoints. Worth every penny.

CZ customer service is really good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow, sorry to hear about your experience with S&W.

I've had to send guns to S&W, Taurus, Century, and Colt, and in every transaction, they have either sent me a slip to send in the gun, or I was given an account number to put onto the paperwork.

Except for Century, with them I had to pay first and get the money back later.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I had to send my SA TRP/OP back after the first trip to the range.  Plus the trigger was heaver then advertised.  Call SA they gave me their UPS # went to USP and sent it back on them.  When it returned  the mag fairy deposited and extra mag in the box.

FB
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

No big deal, huh?

Well, do you usually have to pay $40 in gas to return the purchase to the store? If you did have to pay that sum and the store sold merchandise that required periodic returns, do you think people would keep shopping there?

How about when you pay $40 in gas for your return of that defective suit, and they "fix" it for you, only to discover that the "fix" didn't address any problems? How about when they "fix" it twice? That's $120 in "gas" over their incompetance. This is why those who take it back on their dime are more inclined to fix it properly the first time. And don't think this incompetant fix business is an anomaly. It happens often enough.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They paid to return it.

+ however many times I've sent a gun to the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Most of the time, I've paid shipping there, they've paid shipping back.

I have, however, had S&W send me a prepaid shipping label and they've paid both ways.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I paid nearly $40 to ship my G23 back to Glock two years ago, and they paid the shipping back the other way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Depends on the company.  Springfield did it the right way for me and paid for shipping both ways.  Thats the way it SHOULD work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top