Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:32:15 AM EDT
I'm looking at a Sig 226 9mm $780 and a Beretta 92fs $450 both nib.
I like them both, but with tax the Sig is about $370 more.
I just don't see it. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have alot of experiences with the sig.  I've fired a few.  If you really want what the Navy Seals use alot, go with the 226.  Otherwise, I really, really, really like my M9.  If you were going to CCW, I think either one is big for it but could probably be done.

Link Posted: 9/25/2007 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Your first mistake is buying a new Sig.  Apparently their customer service has gone to hell and not come back.  Many of their new production pistols are having difficulties that Sig does not fix even with repeated trips back to the manufacturer.  Read about it in the Sig forum here or over on Sigforums.com.  What I would advise you to do is get an older W. German Sig 226 from a private party.  I got mine for $375.  Get one with the stamped slide, they're better balanced than the new ones with the stainless slide.  You could pick one up from CDNN too.  I much prefer the Sig 226 to the Beretta 92.  The Beretta is heavier, wider, longer, and just all around bigger.  Plus, it has a slide mounted safety which I find to be evil.  It does have a slight edge in accuracy in my experience.  The 226 is smaller, has no safety, and feels better to me.  If you have a good holster like a VM2, it can be carried easily.  The grip feels a bit more narrow which I like too.  Sig mags are more expensive and so are replacement parts, but under normal civilian circumstances, the parts just don't break.  You may need to replace a worn spring once every 5 years, but that's usually what, $6?  I had a 92G Elite 1 and a Sig 226 at the same time, guess which one I still have?    MJD
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I've owned both forever.  

The Sig is a nice gun, but it's not worth that kind of money.  The two guns are relatively the same value IMO.  It boils down to what you want and how much you'll pay for it.

I just don't see any kind of justification for the price difference myself either.

I'd look around for a better price on the Sig.  Other than that, you aren't missing anything.  They're both high-quality guns that will give you fine service.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I will chime in and state that both guns are very good and you will not make a mistake going with either. I have both.

On a personal note, I really like all stainless guns - especially for carry, so the Beretta is cheaper I believe. If you don't care for all stainless, I think an alloy frame is available on the 226 and would be lighter for carry. But for carry I perfer the 229 over the 226.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#5]
My opinion - without a doubt

Beretta = No
SIG = Yes - (but get an older W. German SIG)
(opinion  is from die hard GLOCK fan..)

The Beretta is HUGE -especially for a 9mm.
The slide mounted safety on the Beretta can accidentally be engaged when charging the weapon under duress.

The military wants to dump the Beretta as soon as they can -
The company has already stopped production on the Brigadier...

But if you do get the SIG ..get an older W German copy.. as someone else mentioned - the half German - Half American can have QC problems
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an Italian 92FS stainless and an older West German built P-226 with the stamped slide. Both have been absolutely reliable for several thousand rounds through each of them. The one thing I do not care for is the slide finish on the older Sig slides, as it is basically a phosphate finish (mine is currently being refinished by CGW). Beretta's Bruniton finish is a bit better on their slides and tends to be a bit more rust resistant. Both pistols are very close to one another as far as accuracy is concerned, but I think the Sig may have just a slight edge overall. As far as the slide mounted safety is concerned, if you want a manual safety, buy Beretta. If you don't, buy Sig or a Beretta 92G. I carried my Beretta as a duty weapon and never had issues with accidentally engaging the safety (some people do, some do not). It would be hard for me to pick one over the other, but I doubt you will regret buying either one. The Sig has a slight advantage in overall length as far as concealed carry is concerned.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The sig is not smaller in all regards.  If you look at the slides, it is taller overall especially towards the end of the barrel.

It just irks me when people say the Beretta is huge.  It's not that big.  That is totally overstated and perpetuated by gunwriters and alot of people IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Sig, buy used and don't look back.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ACCOKEEK, Md., Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Beretta U.S.A. Corp. announced today the receipt of purchase orders from the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy for a total of 10,576 M9 pistols (5,969 for the Army, 4,607 for the Navy). The purchase orders were issued against a multi-year contract between Beretta U.S.A. and the U.S. Army, which serves as executive purchasing agent of the M9 pistol for all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.

"We are always honored to be given the opportunity to serve the U.S. Armed Forces by supplying the Beretta M9 pistol," noted Jeff Reh, Vice-General Manager for Beretta U.S.A. Corp. "The Beretta M9 pistol remains the most reliable and well-tested handgun in the U.S. military inventory, with tests resulting in an average of only one malfunction every 20,500 rounds fired." Beretta U.S.A. Corp., manufacturer of the Beretta M9 pistol, employs over 330 employees and manufactures the sidearm at its factory in Accokeek, Maryland.

Beretta U.S.A. Corp. has supplied the Beretta M9 pistol as the standard sidearm for the U.S. Armed Forces since 1985.

In 2005, Beretta U.S.A. Corp. received 13 contracts for M9 pistols and component parts from the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. Many of the U.S. Army contracts were multi-year contracts lasting five years, from which over 31 million dollars in purchase orders have since been issued to Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

----

The Marine Corps is also making additional COTS purchases of M9A1s, as opposed to any SIG product.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
BERETTA.

Ask anyone who personally owns one how the feel about it.

Ask someone from the military who has used a shot out POS with checkmate mags and little to no maintenence.

Bottom line is, yours will fall into the first category.

I own HK's and Glocks, and I rank my Beretta reliability wise right up there with them.  My 92fs is my most abused and shot firearm, and it has yet to fail.  Not to mention, with one spring swap, it has IMHO the nicest SA trigger pull of any DA/SA auto, and a pretty damned smooth DA pull as well.  

Mine has been caked with mud, run wet, dry, dirty, dropped, thrown, etc.  Never a failure.  Not one.

NO SIG ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET (well maybe a 210) is worth almost 400 dollars more than a 92fs.

My West German CPO sig had a shitty finish, only ran when it was smothered in oil, and the slide failed to lock back half the time regardless of where my thumb was.  It had a bad spring in there, and I had to replace it, and even then it only locked back 90% of the time.  Not to mention, the SA trigger pull feels like a damned sponge.  DA was very nice and smooth, but the single action pull was the worst I've ever felt.  Have I mentioned their customer service is horrible?  

My Beretta 92fs is without question the better firearm.  With new mags, it also has a 17 round capacity, so you'll have plenty of lead to throw out of it.

If they were the same price, and you got an example that you could fire first to ensure it worked properly, I'd say go with what fit your hand.  But for a brand new US made Sig (IE quality control has gone to shit), I wouldn't chance it, especially for that price.  A properly made Sig is a great firearm, no doubt about it, but the US made ones are...well, hit or miss.  I'm not the only person here who has had serious issues with their Sig as well.  I've heard more minor issues about Sig on this forum than any other brand out there.

Also, the Beretta has a much lower bore axis.  In 9mm, I really don't feel it makes much of a difference, but alot of people feel it does.

YMMV.  There are plenty of happy Sig customers out there.  But theres a flip side to that coin.  There are many less, but still a significant number of unhappy Sig customers out there too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The sig is not smaller in all regards.  If you look at the slides, it is taller overall especially towards the end of the barrel.

It just irks me when people say the Beretta is huge.  It's not that big.  That is totally overstated and perpetuated by gunwriters and alot of people IMHO.

I own both, and yes, the Beretta is noticibly bigger, IMHO.

They are both good guns. My P226s (I have two) are police trade-ins. My M92f is also an ex-police gun. I use Mecgar 17 round mags in all of them. No failures of any kind after thousands of rounds.

When the US Army was holding field trials to replace the M1911 the Beretta beat out Sig only because it was $20 a gun cheaper. Since both guns met all of the testing criteria it came down to the lowest bidder.

If you get a Sig buy used. I paid $350 each for mine and consider it money well spent.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I own both, and yes, the Beretta is noticibly bigger, IMHO.

They are both good guns. My P226s (I have two) are police trade-ins. My M92f is also an ex-police gun. I use Mecgar 17 round mags in all of them. No failures of any kind after thousands of rounds.

When the US Army was holding field trials to replace the M1911 the Beretta beat out Sig only because it was $20 a gun cheaper. Since both guns met all of the testing criteria it came down to the lowest bidder.

If you get a Sig buy used. I paid $350 each for mine and consider it money well spent.

I can say that technically, the forward part / muzzle of the Sig is definitely larger than the Beretta.  The grip is definitely thinner on the sig.  I'm not sure which one is taller and I'm wondering if the slides are all that much different.  I think the sigs slide is thinner.  But the slide is taller.  The Beretta is not bigger in all aspects.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Also, the Beretta has a much lower bore axis. In 9mm, I really don't feel it makes much of a difference, but alot of people feel it does.

I owned both for a pretty good time. Shot both, but the time came when a Para FAL poped up during the 94 ban that I wanted. The wifey didn't get it so I had to trade one of them. Today I have the Beretta. The bore axis was a part of it. Both were great guns, but the Sig sat really high in my hand and the Beretta sat snug. Otherwise, they were the same in accuracy and reliability. Great and perfect.

For the same money, it's a toss up.

Bang Bang,
Bill
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#14]
get both, like me
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
they are both great; get the one that suits you

personally, i prefer the old(er) Sigs myself

the only reason why i shy from the b92 are the slide mounted safety and the heavy DA trigger
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
they are both great; get the one that suits you

Thank you.  

That sums it all up, end of thread.

Take into consideration which one fits your hands better.  Which one has controls that suit you better?  What experience do you have with either?

It's all a matter of getting the one that will work best for you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 3:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I own the 226 and I have shot the Beretta 92fs/M9.  I would never suggest some one buy a Sig.  The Beretta is a much better handgun IMO.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I find the Beretta fits my hands much better than the P226. As a result I shoot my Beretta 92s much better than P226s.

Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for all the good information. I bought an Italian 92FS NIB for $450 + tax. Bass Pro also had a stainless for $550. I got the last blue one, but had some at other stores. They were not on display.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations!  You made an excellent choice.

Now pick up plenty of extra magazines, and get plenty of practice!
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the good information. I bought an Italian 92FS NIB for $450 + tax.
Pro Bass also had a stainless for $550. I got the last blue one, but had some at other stores. They were not on display.

While I'm a Sig guy, I cannot deny the fact that a 92 is an excellent weapon.

Congrats on the purchase and happy shootin'
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the good information. I bought an Italian 92FS NIB for $450 + tax.
Pro Bass also had a stainless for $550. I got the last blue one, but had some at other stores. They were not on display.

You picked the right one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Oh really?

http://sev.prnewswire.com/homeland-s...0092007-1.html

ACCOKEEK, Md., Sept. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Beretta U.S.A. Corp. announced today the receipt of purchase orders from the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy for a total of 10,576 M9 pistols (5,969 for the Army, 4,607 for the Navy). The purchase orders were issued against a multi-year contract between Beretta U.S.A. and the U.S. Army, which serves as executive purchasing agent of the M9 pistol for all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces.

"We are always honored to be given the opportunity to serve the U.S. Armed Forces by supplying the Beretta M9 pistol," noted Jeff Reh, Vice-General Manager for Beretta U.S.A. Corp. "The Beretta M9 pistol remains the most reliable and well-tested handgun in the U.S. military inventory, with tests resulting in an average of only one malfunction every 20,500 rounds fired." Beretta U.S.A. Corp., manufacturer of the Beretta M9 pistol, employs over 330 employees and manufactures the sidearm at its factory in Accokeek, Maryland.

Beretta U.S.A. Corp. has supplied the Beretta M9 pistol as the standard sidearm for the U.S. Armed Forces since 1985.

In 2005, Beretta U.S.A. Corp. received 13 contracts for M9 pistols and component parts from the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. Many of the U.S. Army contracts were multi-year contracts lasting five years, from which over 31 million dollars in purchase orders have since been issued to Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

Beretta, established in 1526, is the oldest industrial dynasty in the world tracing its roots through 16 generations of continuous family ownership. Firearms bearing the Beretta name have been sold for almost 500 years. Beretta USA Corp. was founded in 1977 and supplies the standard sidearm to the U.S. Armed Forces. Today Beretta manufactures, distributes and markets a complete line of firearms, accessories and apparel. Beretta also owns and operates six retail Beretta Gallery stores worldwide.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#24]
For the price, the Beretta is a better buy.  It's a good gun, just as good as the SIG.  However, the SIG may be a better fit for you as the Beretta is a big gripped gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It just comes across as a big clunk of a gun.  It is bigger than a 1911 and throws a much smaller bullet.

My choice between the Sig and Beretta - Sig, hands down.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I find the Beretta fits my hands much better than the P226. As a result I shoot my Beretta 92s much better than P226s.

Exactly the opposite here.  So the old adage applies:  Try before you buy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree w/ other posters.  Get a used Sig.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It just comes across as a big clunk of a gun.  It is bigger than a 1911 and throws a much smaller bullet.

My choice between the Sig and Beretta - Sig, hands down.

Actually, I was just fondling my 1911 and M9 and if the grip section is wider on the M9, it's very very minute.  The slide is a little wider.  But not that much.  And if you take a flexible tape and wrap it around the grips of either one, the dimension is almost identical.  It's horsecrap that it is so much bigger.  

Oh, and a 9mm is smaller than a .45.  Wow, thanks for informing of that.  What does that got to do with anything?  With bullets and cartridges the way they are made now, there is not a whole lot of difference in capability.  In fact, some 9mm loads penetrate hard targets better than a .45.  I like them both personally .45 and 9.  The slide on a sig is big.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey opinions are like . . . Oh wait - I am sure you have heard that one before.

The Beretta is too big for the round it fires.  If I want a 9mm service handgun I will take a BHP rather than an Italian boat anchor.

As in all things, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a P226R for a while and it's a nice pistol and well made, but regardless of the hype people play it to be it's not as nice to me as a 92FS/M9 in trigger, controls, feel, barrel and design.
I sold it off for a 92FS to go with my M9 and probably will never buy another SIG pistol again unless they revamp some stuff in a new model.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I had both and they are both great.  However if politics play a role in your decision like they do in Hawaii. (No 10rd+ mags) You may want to either get a smaller gun like a SIG 228 or a gun that is chambered for a bigger round like a beretta 96.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I think both are at the top of the heap for full-sized 9mm DA/SA's. I much prefer the Sig myself. I too perceive the Beretta as "too large" even though measurements indicate it's really not that big. Can't stand the slide-mounted safety either.
Never buy a new Sig for two reasons: WAY overpriced, and the new stainless slide guns, esp P220's are NOT as reliable as the old folded steel German guns.
You could do a whole helluva lot worse than these two guns, either is an excellent firearm.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Heres some things I noticed.

Sig:  Horrible Finish.   Might not run with little lube.  Very expensive.  High bore axis.  Horrible control locations.  

Beretta:  Awesome finish.  Runs wet, dry, doesnt matter.  Reasonably priced.  Low bore axis, very fast on the follow up.  Don't like slide mounted controls, but if you use it as a decocker only like you should, it doenst really matter.

Honestly, I think the Beretta is a better weapon.  Theres a reason I have one sitting next to my HK's and Glocks, because its presence doesn't insult them like my Sig did
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#36]
IMHO the Beretta 90-Two is so much better of a gun than the SIg in a lot of different ways. But then again, I have never really liked Sigs.

By the way, I don't think 92's are big at all, in fact they're the perfect size.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Find a nice used 92 Elite, then shoot the SIG 226. Afterwards you will likely be less than impressed with the SIG.

Mine is so smooth it feels like the the slide runs on ball bearings lubed with teflon ...SMOOOOOTH. Fits my hand oh so well and the controls are better placed. The straight line feeding of the Beretta is damn near jam proof with all but the worst ammo or mags.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

This is the greatest advice you'll get in this thread.

But both pistols are superb sidearms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Sig
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the greatest advice you'll get in this thread.

But both pistols are superb sidearms.

Until it malfs or rusts and you kick yourself for not getting a gun that works
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#41]
I own both a P226RST and Beretta M9, my choice is clear....A Glock 17. I love both guns, especially my Beretta as it saved my life, but they are fat/heavy and hold fewer rounds. Plus, Im pretty partial to Glock triggers with 3.5lb connectors, much more so than traditional DA/SA. While I will preserve my M9 for my son, I don't see me owning anything that isn't Glock. There is just to much I have come to like about them....

That being said, my P226 and M9 have been wonderful to me, with the exception of recently....My M9 broke a trigger spring on a single dry fire stroke after sitting dormant for 5+ months. While I haven't shot my Beretta in ages, it gets cleaned/babied every few weeks, as do all my guns. I had 20+ guitars at one time and I found if I didn't play them regularly or maintain them chronically they weren't crisp and didn't always play properly. The worst case scenario in that instance is breaking a string while belting out Free Bird on jam night at the Jackrabbit...the consequences of a improperly maintained defensive weapon are far worse. Imagine if that trigger spring had broken in a deadly force confrontation?

I hear tell this is a fairly common failure with Berettas, though mine has less than 5k through it...Nevertheless, its never failed me before now and I still trust it completely.

Both the Sig and Beretta adorn the holsters of armed professionals the world over. IMO, both are effectively equal and both suffer from the same pros/cons. Is the inflated price of a NIB 226 worth it? Only you can say...A Red Box Sig P226 is probably going to be within 100.00 of a NIB 92FS. I love the classic lines of the M9/92FS, but if I had to do it again, id buy a 90-Two or M9A1. Weapon lights are just to valuable to not have an interface for one...Both my 226/M9 have CTC Lasergrips and I use a Tick rail for my M9 to affix a M3X for bed time. Functional, but hardly ideal...works for me as im not willing to upgrade or sacrifice the Martin Rigg-ness of my M9.

FWIW, I think everyone in America over the age of 21 should be issued a M9 or whatever the standard service pistol might be, just as a matter of principle. Shoot a P226, then shoot a 92FS-then decide. The Beretta is definatly more standardized and if you are a mag whore like me*I refuse to own less than 20 factory mags per pistol* 20.00 for factory Beretta magazines beats the shit out of Sig factory magazines for 40.00....
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I own both a P226RST and Beretta M9, my choice is clear....A Glock 17. I love both guns, especially my Beretta as it saved my life, but they are fat/heavy and hold fewer rounds. Plus, Im pretty partial to Glock triggers with 3.5lb connectors, much more so than traditional DA/SA. While I will preserve my M9 for my son, I don't see me owning anything that isn't Glock. There is just to much I have come to like about them....

That being said, my P226 and M9 have been wonderful to me, with the exception of recently....My M9 broke a trigger spring on a single dry fire stroke after sitting dormant for 5+ months. While I haven't shot my Beretta in ages, it gets cleaned/babied every few weeks, as do all my guns. I had 20+ guitars at one time and I found if I didn't play them regularly or maintain them chronically they weren't crisp and didn't always play properly. The worst case scenario in that instance is breaking a string while belting out Free Bird on jam night at the Jackrabbit...the consequences of a improperly maintained defensive weapon are far worse. Imagine if that trigger spring had broken in a deadly force confrontation?

I hear tell this is a fairly common failure with Berettas, though mine has less than 5k through it...Nevertheless, its never failed me before now and I still trust it completely.

Both the Sig and Beretta adorn the holsters of armed professionals the world over. IMO, both are effectively equal and both suffer from the same pros/cons. Is the inflated price of a NIB 226 worth it? Only you can say...A Red Box Sig P226 is probably going to be within 100.00 of a NIB 92FS. I love the classic lines of the M9/92FS, but if I had to do it again, id buy a 90-Two or M9A1. Weapon lights are just to valuable to not have an interface for one...Both my 226/M9 have CTC Lasergrips and I use a Tick rail for my M9 to affix a M3X for bed time. Functional, but hardly ideal...works for me as im not willing to upgrade or sacrifice the Martin Rigg-ness of my M9.

FWIW, I think everyone in America over the age of 21 should be issued a M9 or whatever the standard service pistol might be, just as a matter of principle. Shoot a P226, then shoot a 92FS-then decide. The Beretta is definatly more standardized and if you are a mag whore like me*I refuse to own less than 20 factory mags per pistol* 20.00 for factory Beretta magazines beats the shit out of Sig factory magazines for 40.00....

Periodic spring replacement is part of good Beretta maintainance. Seems to be an un-written beretta rule. That, and inspect the locking block every few thousand rounds and you are set.

Mec-Gar also makes reliable 17rd mags that match standard glock mags for capacity. I t5oo would rather have a glock than a 226. But I would rather have my Elite than a glock 17.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#43]
A couple of people have complained of it breaking, and it makes me nervous.  I do have a spare but there are also tons of other people that have not voiced this problem.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#44]
The WOLFF INS trigger unit more or less eliminates the issue of broken trigger springs in the Beretta 92FS.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Buy a used SIG. I have a used 226 in 9 and never have looked back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I really think the people who say "the beretta is too chuncky and big" must have small hands don't just say it's huge just say its big for me or my hands are fucking small and i don't like it........................................Beretta
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I really think the people who say "the beretta is too chuncky and big" must have small hands don't just say it's huge just say its big for me or my hands are fucking small and i don't like it........................................Beretta

Amen!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]
carried a beretta/m9 in the military from time to time and will never again, now I have a 17 year old sig that has been perfect

i think that when unit like USMC Force Recon choses a 1911 the SEALs chose a sig 226,  some other SF types are running around with Glocks that says alot about the m9.

maybe the civy version are great guns, but im just not interested in giving it a try

im confortable with glocks, sigs, HK's, 1911's but just dont want anything to do with the beretta

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#49]
m4hk33, I like all of the weapons you have listed as well, but I am curious about how old and how well maintained the Beretta 92 was that you used in the military. How many rds were fired before you received it? How well maintained was it before and after you received it? Also, as far as other military units using something else, do the SEAL's individually choose the Sig P-226 or is that decision made for them? I would be curious to see if each individual SEAL would choose something different than the Sig. I'm not criticizing you, but judging a particular pistol based on what other units use doesn't seem well founded when those handguns are issued to them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Looks like an M9 to me.  I guess it's navy EOD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top